By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most overrated developer?

tbone51 said:
Wagram said:
tbone51 said:
sabastian said:
Nintendo.

Thread says overrated, not underrated.

Please, Nintendo is one of the most overrated developers.

Please the only thing thats close to overrated is this comment.

Like a couple users mentioned earlier here in this thread, is this really whats the most overrated developer or just the developer i dislike? I seen maybe 1 or 2 people here who said Nintendo is overrated that actually play their games and had good reasonings behind them. Thats Kumogli (damn srry for the butchering of the name).

Overrated. I quite like Nintendo but their products aren't the be all and end all fanboys claim them to be.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
bubblegamer said:

tbone51 said:

Yeah so rare^ I guess its as rare for Sony as well? Basing off you grasping for straws ignoring 3DS userbase and only taking wiiu's right? Guess we can do the same with the Vita and ignore ps4 user base. Looks like MS is easily the most popular of the three and will be by far lol!!!

I wonder why you're so angry and bringing up Sony and Microsoft when i was talking about Nintendo? You were banned for this lashing out in the past, but can't contain yourself. Stay out of a discussion when you can't handle other people's opinions.

Cuz i called someone out doesn't mean i will get banned, im simply asking how that makes any sense?

Why you as a person think a developer is overrated? What makes you come up with your answer. Im all ears. Stating Nintendo has done little change in 30 years is beyond historical to me imo, especially when i see many developers releasing yearly ips such as COD/AC with little to no change.

FYI: I havent played the last 2 CODs, its not my cup of tea but i do really enjoy Halo as its my favorite FPS.

That's your agitated view on it, don't bother me with it. I don't care what you do and don't like. I'm stating my opinion and there is little you can do about it. You don't see me go out of my way to reply to comments about not liking Naughty Dog. People are different, the sooner you get this the better.

Honourable mentions:

Quantic Dream

Bethesda

From Software

KingdomHeartsFan said:
tbone51 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

I'm not judging the game purely off that...if I was I woulda said it deserves a 0 for not including it.  Its not based on SSE, there should have been a new story mode that is able to compete with other fighting games.  Not having a major single player is a major flaw, worth way more than one point lower on metacritic.  If the next Mortal Kombat released without a story mode it would get ripped apart, but SSB got a free pass.  The fact is SSB has fallen behind other fighting games in that category.  

SSB got a free pass because of no story mode? Tell me does every fighter have as much content in it as SSB? or even close?

Tell me up to 3 fighting genre franchise's that beat SSB in these categorys...

~Number of Stages?

~Number of Playable Characters?

~Number of Soundtracks in the game?

~Extra Modes?

~Extra Content?

~Have over 4 players fighting at once?

(Cant think of any more to ask :-/

I'll take a big story mode over a baseball and board game minigame anyday.  Seriously all that little extra stuff amounts to nothing when compared to Mortal Kombat's story mode.  Also Mortal Kombat had a bunch of unlockables and that huge fight tower mode, forgot the name.  Its easy to have more fighters when you don't have to make them from scratch and just take them from other games.  What do u want Mortal Kombat to do?  Include 50 new characters that would just convulate the story mode?

Yeah, i would take a story mode over the baseball/board game too, but i think there's more to it than that (you also said 2 of the worst 3 features in the game to compare :0).

As for characters, i think many would rather have 10 more SSB characters included in the game thananother SSE mode tbh.

Also that would take even more time/money to do. SSB was released during the holidays and thats wih so many complaining the game would get delayed. We still dont even have all the features yet bro. Thats how long this game is taking..

Nintendo.

Around the Network

Guys, guys. Let's take things back a notch and refrain from attacks. If someone disagrees with you then that's fine, but there's no need to make things personal.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

bubblegamer said:
tbone51 said:
bubblegamer said:

tbone51 said:

That's your agitated view on it, don't bother me with it. I don't care what you do and don't like. I'm stating my opinion and there is little you can do about it. You don't see me go out of my way to reply to commernts not like Naughty Dog. People are different, the sooner you get this the better.

Snipped Before PermaBanned.

Moderated by Myself....

Lets just say your opinion is invalid. I'll leave it at that...

User was moderated for this edited post.

--Veknoid_Outcast

Chris Hu said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
Chris Hu said:
Easily Activison since they are milking COD and FPS to death and they have so much cash in the bank that they could easily launch a lot of new IP's in different genres or at least they could make another GUN game.

Activision are not a developer though.

But they are in charge and fund all the developers that make the COD games.  Plus since I never played a COD game I wouldn't know which of the three main developers is worse.

Isn't it a bit unreasonable to hate on CoD without ever having played a CoD game?

Besides, considering all the flak Cod gets, I'd hardly call it overrated.

tbone51 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

I'll take a big story mode over a baseball and board game minigame anyday.  Seriously all that little extra stuff amounts to nothing when compared to Mortal Kombat's story mode.  Also Mortal Kombat had a bunch of unlockables and that huge fight tower mode, forgot the name.  Its easy to have more fighters when you don't have to make them from scratch and just take them from other games.  What do u want Mortal Kombat to do?  Include 50 new characters that would just convulate the story mode?

Yeah, i would take a story mode over the baseball/board game too, but i think there's more to it than that (you also said 2 of the worst 3 features in the game to compare :0).

As for characters, i think many would rather have 10 more SSB characters included in the game thananother SSE mode tbh.

Also that would take even more time/money to do. SSB was released during the holidays and thats wih so many complaining the game would get delayed. We still dont even have all the features yet bro. Thats how long this game is taking..

I shouldn't be concerned with how long the game takes to make, if Nintendo needs to hire more developers then they can, all I care about is what I get when I pay $70 for a game.  In fact weren't they already making the story mode, but then they threw a hissy fit because some of the cut scenes got leaked or something?

This thread is gold

Nintendo and PC gamer