By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - FIXED - Wii U sales 2014 vs 2015 - Week by week.

I keep track of the sales of the Wii U titles I'm interested in, and I noticed this past week that all of the numbers were adjusted down. However, all of the numbers for 2014 were adjusted up by a very similar amount (not identical, but usually very close). So the total sales numbers weren't really very different, it was just a matter of which year the sales occurred. This was true for every single game, no exceptions, which I found to be weird. It was almost like they moved a whole bunch of sales from 2015 to 2014. I wonder if something similar happened with the Wii U.

Around the Network

Nice thread! WiiU need more games. Wonder if splatoon and xenoblades X will have any significant effect...

I am hoping that soon it will be up by 40K+ week by week.

Tlozjb said:
I wonder how it will hold up in February, and if Kirby can give it a better boost or push it a bit higher, than what DK did. But even if it doesn't March and April should push it back up.

Expect April to ride off of mario party 10 and finish strong in japan due to dragon quest 3.0 and xenoblade chronicles x

May will have splatoon so thatll be very interesting

june will be interesting if they put yoshi or mario maker(bundle and boom)

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

2015 is going to be for the Wii U what 2013 was for the 3DS. A renaissance of games.

bet: lost

Around the Network
OfficerRaichu15 said:
Tlozjb said:
I wonder how it will hold up in February, and if Kirby can give it a better boost or push it a bit higher, than what DK did. But even if it doesn't March and April should push it back up.

Expect April to ride off of mario party 10 and finish strong in japan due to dragon quest 3.0 and xenoblade chronicles x

May will have splatoon so thatll be very interesting

june will be interesting if they put yoshi or mario maker(bundle and boom)

I guess that is the most possible scenario, since Mario Maker seems to have been pushed back, so Yoshi is most surely coming out on June, while April stays empty for the West. unless it gets Project Giant Robot, though it is not like it is going to do much.

Indeed, since it may also get a price cut, and hopefully a non-Mario bundle, to bring some diversity in the bundles.

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

I'm going to pay more attention to this thread from now on. Never even looked at it until today.

Good job.

Tagging

Tifa got MOVES!

The Wii U will do better in 2015 especially when Mario Party 10 starts to hit shelves. That won't give it a huge boost but it will be a boost because in the next month for Japan there is XCX and Dragon Quest 3.0 (possibly Project CARS for Wii U) also possibly Mario Maker or Yoshi's Woolly World. Either way, it'll really boost up when Xenoblade/Splatoon hit the shelves. :D

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

WhiteEaglePL said:
I am hoping that soon it will be up by 40K+ week by week.

If you want my opinion, Wii U is already at +40k in the week ending 31 Jan, and maybe even in the week ending 24 Jan.

Yes, i think that Wii U is undertracked this time.

Come on, the USA and Japan number are correct (confirmed by Media Create and NPD), but the Europa number are low, you don't think?

Why Wii U sell less than half of USA sales??? I think that Wii U in Europe sell some like 80% of USA sales... so, if for VGChartz Wii U is at 17,000, in Europe are probabily at 13,000/14,000 (VGC have Wii U at 8,000 this week).

So yeah, undertracked by 5/6 k this week, and it is at +42,000.