By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - FIXED - Wii U sales 2014 vs 2015 - Week by week.

Good to see that even with Japan pulling it down, the other countries have indeed gone up enough to keep strong and up YoY, and unless there is something big next year(Animal Crossing U, Pokken Tournament, Metroid, etc), next year, this should indeed be Wii U's peak year.

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

Around the Network

I hope NPD dont break our hearts.

Tlozjb said:
Good to see that even with Japan pulling it down, the other countries have indeed gone up enough to keep strong and up YoY, and unless there is something big next year(Animal Crossing U, Pokken Tournament, Metroid, etc), next year, this should indeed be Wii U's peak year.

Why wouldn't there be something big for next year?

Yeah I would be willing to bet good money on of those games releasing next year.

Modest increases, but better than nothing.

Is there a PS4 version anywhere? I have seen this and the X1 thread

Around the Network
celador said:
Modest increases, but better than nothing.

Is there a PS4 version anywhere? I have seen this and the X1 thread

I haven't seen one for PS4 as well, but it would be great indeed. Maybe you could do it?

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

FloatingWaffles said:
Tlozjb said:

There almost certainly will be.  Question is, how big?  I'm banking on Metroid, Pokken, and maybe either Galaxy 3 or Animal Crossing as anchor games.  But whether those would be big enough to top this year or rather land it between 2015 and 2014 is the big question.

Nuvendil said:
FloatingWaffles said:

There almost certainly will be.  Question is, how big?  I'm banking on Metroid, Pokken, and maybe either Galaxy 3 or Animal Crossing as anchor games.  But whether those would be big enough to top this year or rather land it between 2015 and 2014 is the big question.

Yeah, I would assume that there would at least be an Animal Crossing game on the Wii U before the end of its market life considering how well Animal Crossing did on the 3DS. 

Nuvendil said:
FloatingWaffles said:

I agree with you.

1. Animal Crossing U (It has been teased that a new game is in the works and due to past instances, a home console game is next in line)

2. Metroid U, we all know this is bound to happen, and I think it is one of the main reasons the Trilogy was released on eShop

3. Super Mario Galaxy 3 and Punch Out U. For the same reason on Metroid, SMG2 and Punch Out Wii was released on the eShop. (I believe they are hints)

4. Pokken will definitely be announced. The only question is when.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Paatar said:
Nuvendil said:

I agree with you.

1. Animal Crossing U (It has been teased that a new game is in the works and due to past instances, a home console game is next in line)

2. Metroid U, we all know this is bound to happen, and I think it is one of the main reasons the Trilogy was released on eShop

3. Super Mario Galaxy 3 and Punch Out U. For the same reason on Metroid, SMG2 and Punch Out Wii was released on the eShop. (I believe they are hints)

4. Pokken will definitely be announced. The only question is when.

In Europe Donkey Kong was released instead of Punch Out though... Not sure about that PO getting a new game... I do believe a new Mario 3D game will come, not sure if it is Galaxy or not.