By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - OK... Where are the charts?

It's that time of the year VGC sucks -_- most of the year though, VGC is pretty quick.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Around the Network

Go easy on ioi. He's middle aged right?

That's always the best excuse.

niallyb said:

Interesting. I guess all this hassle is what happens when you do a job so well it creates a need. And many of the needy have forgotten their manners.

I must say I am quite shocked at the entitled squealing from the spoiled people who think they are owed somethng on here. Trashing IOI does not make things any quicker. He's well aware of when he has updated last. And I'm quite sure he would like to. But he has no obligation to and nor does he owe us an explantion.

Intrinsic seems to think his whining is somehow magically converted into gold by IOI.  That's quite an inflated view of the value of your traffic.  The days of making big money by charging for ads based on pageviews is so long gone it never existed. VGcharts is likely covering its costs + enough to keep the owners going with a labor of love. Its REALLY unlikely they are making the $200-$400K per year that any decent 25 year old  developer at a trading firm/facebook/google etc makes.

Hopefully IOI has an actual life outside of here unlike , say intrinsic , who appears not to have encounted a real actual problem in his life and thinks this is one.  I've never seen someone in such a hurry to look petty and small.  Its an object lesson in how to demotivate people from providing a free service. 

And yes intrinsic, it IS free to you.  Your key strokes and mouse clicks don't have an intrinsic value.  The big data mining firms who pay for that stuff will get along just fine without you. You've already demonstrated you're a marketers nightmare.  If this is your reaction over something free what would you do over a paid service?   Any data analyst would look at these posts and determine you're not worth the effort of trying to sell to.

wow.....  I don't even know what to say or where to begin. You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

I'll say this much though, about the part about nothing being free on the internet; first off, outside the fact that you actually pay for the internet service you have at home, have you ever heard the saying time is money? That is the primary currency of the internet. Time. All the work any site puts into making and running their site is primarily so you can come and spend some time on that site. if you can't understand this concept and how it relates to all this then I'm sorry.

there is no need to insult me, personally attack me PR start labelling me  for simply making a point and nowhere did I "trash" ioi. its really messed up that u suggest that anyone here on this site waiting for/expecting numbers or even here on the forums suddenly don't have a life though. kinda makes you sound like a 12yr old. 

Fact is, there are at least 4 better ways ioi can/could deal with this time of the year. its also a fact that this sites primary service, function, freebie or whatever you want to calI it gets stalled by this time of the year. lastly, there is a very very big difference between whining and criticism. 

leave folks in their holidays plz

Ruler said:
leave folks in their holidays plz

Exactly. I really cannot believe the level of entitlement being displayed here by some of theses non fee paying subscribers. We should be thankful we have this site. I can't think of a better alternative. The creator of this site has put so much work into it and it really is of high standard IMO.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

Around the Network

They don't bother putting them up till they are 100% sure as too many users on here start threads claiming undertracked overtracked.

I don't mind of sick of those threads because those users do not realise this service is free and estimates only.

Just have some damn patience.... pretty please?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I'TS HAPPENING, IOI IS UPDATITUNG THE CHARTS!!!

tak13 said:
Kerotan said:
Intrinsic said:
Dadrik said:
You know, Christmas, New Year's eve, holidays, families, friends, life, etc...

i hate to be that guy, but posts like these rub me the wrong way. its not like the site doesn't make money from us simply being on here. I'm sorry, but when a site that is primarily based and designed to give sales numbers weakly is not giving sales numbers, then that's a problem. 

vgchartz would make a lot in ad revenue. tbh i don't think ioi is motivated by money because he would run this site so much better if he was. i get the feeling he lost motivation as a result of all the hate the site gets. now of course i could be completely wrong and he might be hiding in a box in tselinoyarsk, eating snakes and saving the world. 

http://www.worthofweb.com/website-value/vgchartz.com

I don't know if this is accurate but I feel that you would like to see it!:P

I work in similar field and that Isn't accurate.  The site probably makes about 7000 a month not 48000 but the mods don't get paid so it's a lot of money for ioi.  I wish he'd get his motivation back and get the charts up on time not 2-3 weeks late. The Japanese chart up today was released in Japan weeks ago. A modern could easily do it for ioi.

binary solo said:
chakkra said:

Well, a lot more important entities take the time off  (schools, government offices and even services companies) for christmas. So I don't see what's so bad about a free entertainment website taking a week off. 

And you know, you could always find another website if you feel this one is not satisfying youre needs and you are not getting your money's woth.

Btw, I don't think you actually hate to be that guy.

Boxofficemojo and rotten tomatoes don't take time off and they're free entertainment reporting sites. Boxoffice mojo is pretty much a direct comparison to this site, but with movies. It also gets worldwide data. It doesn't take a break and delay reporting boxoffice taking for a few weeks. In fact it reports US weekend estimates on the Sunday of the reporting weekend. A sales tracking site that wants to be taken seriously has data release schedules that don't take breaks and releases data like clockwork. Because there isn't just one person who manages the data. 

Ok.. Boxofficemojo and rotten tomatoes don't take time off, so?  Vgchartz does.

And I will just copy-paste my response to Intrinsic, since it looks like you didn't read it correctly:

"a lot more important entities take the time off  (schools, government offices and even services companies) for christmas. So I don't see what's so bad about a free entertainment website taking a week off. 

And you know, you could always find another website if you feel this one is not satisfying your needs and you are not getting your money's woth."