By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Black Ops 3 revive Call of Duty for a year?

Do you think Black Ops 3's sales will be near Black Ops 2 levels?

Yes 50 33.11%

No 68 45.03%

Maybe 33 21.85%

Total:151
V-r0cK said:
If Treyarch can make a killer Zombie mode that's completely new from their previous then yes for me.

Honestly that's the only reason why I've enjoyed getting CoD games and mainly loved Treyarch for it. I couldn't really care less about the actual campaign or online as they all seem to be very generic and the same as alot of other FPS. They're fun but nothing exciting about.

i enjoy the campaigns and online, but it's no question that i would rather have zombies than both of them if i had to make a choice.

Around the Network
thedawghousev2 said:
V-r0cK said:
If Treyarch can make a killer Zombie mode that's completely new from their previous then yes for me.

Honestly that's the only reason why I've enjoyed getting CoD games and mainly loved Treyarch for it. I couldn't really care less about the actual campaign or online as they all seem to be very generic and the same as alot of other FPS. They're fun but nothing exciting about.

i enjoy the campaigns and online, but it's no question that i would rather have zombies than both of them if i had to make a choice.

Same here.  I wished last gen Treyarch could've just released a disc that had just the zombie mode but with every single zombie map they created.  

I'm hoping the new zombie mode will have new features rather than just building up windows.  Possibly add boss fights every 10 rounds (was thinking the zombie mode for cod waw should've had some kind of Hitler zombie boss)

V-r0cK said:
thedawghousev2 said:
V-r0cK said:

Same here.  I wished last gen Treyarch could've just released a disc that had just the zombie mode but with every single zombie map they created.  

I'm hoping the new zombie mode will have new features rather than just building up windows.  Possibly add boss fights every 10 rounds (was thinking the zombie mode for cod waw should've had some kind of Hitler zombie boss)

well i wish they would go back to the classic world at war staight up survival rather than put new things in. like i hate the buildables in black ops 2 zombies, that shit made it too easy in my opinion

Yes for me too, Treyarch is the only true Call of Duty devolper.

I think Treyarchs next game will sell more than AW and will outsell AW pretty fast.

Around the Network

I think Cod:Aw did a decent job at reviving Cod.I have a couple of friends who exclusively play Lol and Nintendo exclusives that were interested in buying the game.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

thedawghousev2 said:
V-r0cK said:
thedawghousev2 said:
V-r0cK said:

well i wish they would go back to the classic world at war staight up survival rather than put new things in. like i hate the buildables in black ops 2 zombies, that shit made it too easy in my opinion

Yea I didn't find the buildables to be very fun, seemed more like a hassle.  Waw had the best maps.

A_C_E said:
I think Treyarchs next game will sell more than AW and will outsell AW pretty fast.

i'm thinking 4.5-5 million first week for black ops 3, similar to mw2 numbers. mw2 came out when ps3 had 27 million consoles sold and xbox 360 had 33 million consoles sold, and both versions sold well over 10 million, the xbox 360 version sold 13.30 million. the ps4 will have a higher install base than the xbox 360 by the time black ops 3 comes out and the ps4 sells software better than any system ever, so i think we should see great numbers.

thedawghousev2 said:
A_C_E said:

i'm thinking 4.5-5 million first week for black ops 3, similar to mw2 numbers. mw2 came out when ps3 had 27 million consoles sold and xbox 360 had 33 million consoles sold, and both versions sold well over 10 million, the xbox 360 version sold 13.30 million. the ps4 will have a higher install base than the xbox 360 by the time black ops 3 comes out and the ps4 sells software better than any system ever, so i think we should see great numbers.

Also the fact that PS4 sales track alot faster than PS3 sales in any given time of the year. That boost will also give software like CoD a slight weekly boost over last generation which had moderate gains yoy. But also, like someone earlier said, Treyarch needs to fix their issues with their games and more people will be coming back. Net code, lag comp and animations are crap in Treyarch games compared to MW series for some reason but the 3 year dev cycle is in effect so hopefully all studios have enough time to fix their issues.

A_C_E said:
thedawghousev2 said:
A_C_E said:

Also the fact that PS4 sales track alot faster than PS3 sales in any given time of the year. That boost will also give software like CoD a slight weekly boost over last generation which had moderate gains yoy. But also, like someone earlier said, Treyarch needs to fix their issues with their games and more people will be coming back. Net code, lag comp and animations are crap in Treyarch games compared to MW series for some reason but the 3 year dev cycle is in effect so hopefully all studios have enough time to fix their issues.

i agree, i thought black ops 2's hit detection was pretty good, but it lagged a lot, so that took away from it. by the way, in my previous comment that you were responding to, i meant 4.5-5 million on the ps4 alone, xbox one should get 3.5 million if not more.