By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Finally got Crunchyroll. Recommendations needed!

Hi everyone!

So I'm currently taking advantage of the Crunchyroll 14 day free trial on Wii U and need some anime recommendations.

Things I've seen and I like...

Fullmetal Alchamist

Death Note

Knights of Sidonia (currently watching)

Avatar: The Last Airbender (not technically an anime I guess...)

.Hack//Quantum

In general I tend to prefer sci-fi and more 'serious' themes but anythings game really (I watched Maid Sama with my gf and liked it so...)

Around the Network

'The Pet Girl of Sakurasou' (It's not what it sounds like.)

It's been a while since I watched it, but I remember liking it and it's not well known, so I try and spread the word. It's more of a lighthearted slice of life/romance show.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/the-pet-girl-of-sakurasou

---

'Another' (I highly recommend this.)

A really, really good horror/mystery anime. Some of the death scenes are quite gruesome. It also has one of my favorite anime openings.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/another

---

Kill la Kill is pretty crazy, but I liked it. I think Attack on Titan is overrated, but you may like it.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Always tough to recommend stuff wth little to go by. For now I'm sticking with the regulars. (some of these may not be available on CR)

Ghost in the Shell
Sword Art Online
Gurren Lagann
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop

Things I have not watched but others are recommending
Aldnoah Zero
Psycho Pass

For more stuff you can always check over here
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=187653

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

sounds like you would like Steins gate or Code Geass

Code Geass. Just pls

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network

Cowboy Bebop
Elfen Lied
Full Metal Panic
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Great Teacher Onizuka
Oh My Goddess

I heard Spice & Wolf is good as well, but I have yet to watch it.

Code Geass, its basically death note expect set in the future with mechs but instead of a deathnote book he has the ability to control people that look him in the eye

Steins Gate (about time travel, starts off a bit slow but gets real good especially season 2)

No Game no life, kinda hard to explain but its pretty good

My favorite ongoing anime right now is your lie in april its a slice of life drama thats about classical music (piano violin) really good.

I'll start off with the more serious stuff that's on crunchyroll The Irregular At Magic High School - it has a alot of awesome fights in it and a bit longer than typical anime

Attack on Titan - A very serious anime. It starts off kinda slow. It different from a lot of other anime

Sword Art Online

Log Horizon

Broken Blade - A pretty decent mecha anime. it's episodes are kinda structured weird.

Fate/stay night

Akame ga Kill!

Blue Exorcist

Fairy Tail

Oreimo - It's a comedy but it's extremely funny. It's hard to turn away from after you start to watch it.

If you're watching Knights of Sidonia then most likely you have access to netflix, Here's some stuff that's on there that I recommend that you watch.

Spice and Wolf - a anime that requires you to think and pay attention. there's little action in it though.

Blood+

Deadman Wonderland

Soul Eater Magi: Kingdom of Heaven

Psycho-pass Fate/Zero Here's some stuff that's really good but not on either one.

Here's two that aren't on either streaming service but keep an eye open for 'em.

Elfen Lied

Sword of The Stranger - It's a full feature anime film. Has the best sword fights.

Crunchyroll is free if you watch it with commercials by the way.

I reccommend these:
Gurren Laggan
Attack on Titan
SAO (First Part since I lost interest on part 2)
Blood +

I would recommend Akame ga Kill but imam bit salty on it (I read the Manga). Recommend it if you haven't heard of the manga.