By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's going to be the most over-hyped game this year?

Tagged games:

Halo 5. MS will definitely going all out to advertise and marketing it. This is their game mascot after all.

Around the Network

Every game that ends up being terrible.

Every game that ends up becoming outdated 12 to 18 months after release.

Every Kickstarter funded independent game.

Every game that's launched with heavy amounts of game-breaking glitches.

What a year of releases to look forward to.

Pixel Art can be fun.

kinisking said:
Anyone saying halo 5 hasn't played the beta

I don't think people are saying it will be over hyped because of a lack of quality, but because of the huge market campaigns that follow every Halo title :p It could be the single greatest game ever created and it still wouldn't live up to the hype.

The only hypothetical title i could see matching Halo 5 in this regard would be TLOU2. It won't have as much marketing money thrown at it, but it will be working against the near universal praise its predecessor has gotten. Like Halo 5, it could be the epitome of gaming and would still disappoint many.

LudicrousSpeed said:
The Order

Wouldn't the game have to be hyped in the first place? No one is really is expecting it do that well since its abysmal previews.

OT: Evolve. The gaming media has been hyping it a lot that their previews would suggest the game would probably get a metascore of 90+. 

It's a four way tie between Xenoblade Chronicles X, Bloodborne, Zelda, and Evolve ...

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
Im confused by The Order 1886 votes, I dont get how a game with poor reception pre launch can be overhyped??

Exactly! People just talked shit about the Game since the first trailer and now its overhyped?  Ok LOL

mophinz said:
Skullwaker said:
mophinz said:

Zelda and Uncharted 4 will be super duper overhype

Uncharted 4 will get hate by most people for being movie-ish despite great platforming and puzzle. people will overlook that part and talk only about shooting and cutscene. but i never like Uncharted series anyway. still wait for ps4 JRPG

Zelda U will not follow Zelda Cycle , Nintendo fanboys will love it no matter what because WiiU is in bad position and they will blindly praise anything to make themself feel better.

That is actually so false. If there's one franchise Nintendo fans are the most critical about, it's Zelda.

not this time. only small amout of them will complaint.

I'm pretty sure everyone says that before the game actually comes out. Zelda games are extremely divisive always because the series has so many different directions and people prefer different things from the franchise. You can't please everyone, so not everyone is going to pleased. People have complained about the Wii U's biggest games this year, so there's no reason why they wouldn't next year as well.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Well I can't say any exclusives because then I'll get crucified so I'll say...Evolve. It just seems like a minigame that's getting a full release and will get repetitive fast. This Titan will fall just like other multiplayer centric titles of yesteryear and I will continue to ignore games that focus on online. Though I must say I don't really think it'll be the chief disappointment this year.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

mophinz said:
Skullwaker said:
mophinz said:

Zelda and Uncharted 4 will be super duper overhype

Uncharted 4 will get hate by most people for being movie-ish despite great platforming and puzzle. people will overlook that part and talk only about shooting and cutscene. but i never like Uncharted series anyway. still wait for ps4 JRPG

Zelda U will not follow Zelda Cycle , Nintendo fanboys will love it no matter what because WiiU is in bad position and they will blindly praise anything to make themself feel better.

That is actually so false. If there's one franchise Nintendo fans are the most critical about, it's Zelda.

not this time. only small amout of them will complaint.

I see you know the future to make these bold statements!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n29CicBxZuw

01001011 01101001 01110011 01110011 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001

JoeAncelotti said:
PenguinZ said:
Call of Duty wins by default.

Can you explain this? Because if I'm honest, I've not experienced much hype for Call of Duty this year and last year everyone was making fun of the "revolutionairy" fish physics. So yeah ...

The hype is certainly not as pronounced as it has been in the past, but it still exists in considerable force via advertising and various outlets such as YouTube. Not many games get on a bag of doritos or a bottle of mountain dew.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC