By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's going to be the most over-hyped game this year?

Tagged games:

Game_God said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
Game_God said:
Easy: The Order 1886

I'll say what I said to someone else: Wouldn't the game have to be hyped in the first place? No one is really is expecting it do that well since its abysmal previews.

Sony & the gaming media (until recently) sure did hype the game quite a lot, the massive outcry that was caused by the recent shall I say "mixed" (& well deserved IMO) previews is a proof of it. Even in here quite a few  people got mad about the Eurogamer preview.

It's Sony's job to hype the game up since, well, it's their game. As for the gaming media it's been getting poor previews from the beginning I think. I know Colin Moriarity of IGN pointed out the game's flaws and questioned whether it would only amount to a pretty game. Just recently has it begun to get some positive previews. Also, I don't think many people expect it to even score in the 80s on Metacritic. From what I can tell most people expect it to score in the low 70s, maybe even high 60s. That's not much hype . . .

Around the Network
TheGoldenBoy said:
Game_God said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
Game_God said:
Easy: The Order 1886

I'll say what I said to someone else: Wouldn't the game have to be hyped in the first place? No one is really is expecting it do that well since its abysmal previews.

Sony & the gaming media (until recently) sure did hype the game quite a lot, the massive outcry that was caused by the recent shall I say "mixed" (& well deserved IMO) previews is a proof of it. Even in here quite a few  people got mad about the Eurogamer preview.

It's Sony's job to hype the game up since, well, it's their game. As for the gaming media it's been getting poor previews from the beginning I think. I know Colin Moriarity of IGN pointed out the game's flaws and questioned whether it would only amount to a pretty game. Just recently has it begun to get some positive previews. Also, I don't think many people expect it to even score in the 80s on Metacritic. From what I can tell most people expect it to score in the low 70s, maybe even high 60s. That's not much hype . . .

You made a fair job of backing your opinion, while I don't agree with all you wrote, I do like it ;)

I guess we agree to disagree & since it's such a trivial matter that is essencially subjective, it's nice to have  people with different opinions & points of view! It broadens the angle & adverts herd/hive mentality, Kudos to you for that, happy new year!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n29CicBxZuw

01001011 01101001 01110011 01110011 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001

Game_God said:

*Paradox detected*

You say that the game was hyped initially and then it got mixed reception but your assertion does not line up at all since it's the opposite ...

Then you go on to say that that the current reception is deserved. If anything, Playstation gamers will take that as a complement ... 

Mystro-Sama said:
No Man's Sky, that game is going to disappoint soooo many people :/

Yeah, I cant imagine that game being what the developer is saying it will be........also Halo 5.

fatslob-:O said:
Game_God said:

*Paradox detected*

You say that the game was hyped initially and then it got mixed reception but your assertion does not line up at all since it's the opposite ...

Then you go on to say that that the current reception is deserved. If anything, Playstation gamers will take that as a compliment ... 

Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!

The game before the previews was hyped to death by Sony & greatly by the gaming media. Until very recently when a few gaming outlets made mixed "previews". Proof that the game was super hyped was the massive outcry all over the internet caused by a few "mixed" PREVIEWS!

My opinion: the game is shallow & holds your hand, overdose of quicktime events & cluncky shoot/cover done to death & better before. Just my opinion, I can be wrong as anyone can be to this point since no one has played the full game... but since it's a guessing thread, any guess is as good as another don't you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n29CicBxZuw

01001011 01101001 01110011 01110011 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001

Around the Network

halo 5

Halo 5 and Uncharted 4 equally, though deserving are the most overhyped games. That's the reason they always launch capping off their respective years.

Both games can sell over 5 Million plus and they have dedicated fanbases.

Can't wait for the Halo, Mountain Dew propaganda while in line at Gamestop. LOL

Halo 5 and Uncharted 4.

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

KyleeStrutt said:
The Witcher III, The Order 1886, No Man's Sky

definitely could see it happening with the Witcher 3 with all of the hype and now the rather big delays

Game_God said:

Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!

The game before the previews was hyped to death by Sony & greatly by the gaming media. Until very recently when a few gaming outlets made mixed "previews". Proof that the game was super hyped was the massive outcry all over the internet caused by a few "mixed" PREVIEWS!

My opinion: the game is shallow & holds your hand, overdose of quicktime events & cluncky shoot/cover done to death & better before. Just my opinion, I can be wrong as anyone can be to this point since no one has played the full game... but since it's a guessing thread, any guess is as good as another don't you think?

Yes!

It's common sense for a console manufacturer to promote their own games so what you say on that front holds no weight ... The game wasn't hyped at all aside from some Playstation fans since most viewers including the gaming media held no opinion because gameplay was entirely absent. When the gaming press did get their hands on the game it was only met with extreme skepticism. When the gaming press attempted to revisit the game once more with newer sections, much to their surprise thought that the game might have solid mechanics

I don't care about opinions. What I care about is the TRUTH! And I was the one who caught your fallacy ...

/Last response