By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's going to be the most over-hyped game this year?

Tagged games:

AZWification said:

I'd say NMS.. Also, I don't understand why some people keep choosing Zelda...

Well were you around for previous Zelda launches?? Because I wasnt =P

Seriously though Zelda always cops shit and is always insanely hyped. I cant think of a Zelda game that didnt have a bunch of people complaining for one reason or another. Skyward Sword had terrible motion controls, both DS games... yeah, Twilight Princess was bland, unispired and ugly, Wind Waker was to cartoonish and kiddy... and dont forget sailing, Majora's Mask had that terrible 3 Day system and most recently ALBW terrible and fucking stupid rental system... that last one is actually personal complaint.

As you can see Zelda truly is a dividing series that leaves many every game feeling dissapointed.

Around the Network
Aerys said:
Halo 5, people expect at least 90 on meta for such game, not sûre 343i can do it

And fable legends for most of the uninformed people who think its a rpg like previous ones

In which world have you seen any hype by now for Fable Legends?

Angelus said:
Mystro-Sama said:
No Man's Sky, that game is going to disappoint soooo many people :/

So much this ^^

I see you on that crack pipe also. I think you two are scared this game will do good.

Halo 5, Uncharted 4, and Bloodborne is already getting hyped to the roof.

Uncharted 4, because "Naughty Gods."

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Aerys said:
Halo 5, people expect at least 90 on meta for such game, not sûre 343i can do it

And fable legends for most of the uninformed people who think its a rpg like previous ones

In which world have you seen any hype by now for Fable Legends?

Probably the same one where people see hype for The Order.

OT: Probably Zelda, the series has been on a downtrend since Wind Waker and after Skyward Sword I don't have a ton of faith in the franchise. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Halo 5??? perhaps people haven't been keeping up with current affairs but MS have been on point with their exclusives so far and Halo 5 based on the beta is going to be the best one yet.

Uncharted 4 and Order are way more overhyped.

CoD, FIFA and anything Ubisoft win by default.

As for exclusives quite a few will be overhyped; The Order, Evolve, Uncharted 4 and Zelda to some extent, but the winner will be Halo 5 as it will sell a lot more than most of the other overhyped games.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Zelda U (even though it's by far my most anticipated and I think it will be great, people seem to be hyping it a lot and seem to have unrealistic and varied expectations), No Man's Sky (incredibly hyped up because it looks so different and promising, but huge potential to disappoint and not live up to the promise of what some people expect because of that), Uncharted 4 (people will overhype it just because it is Naughty Dog).

Halo 5 will be recognised as a big game for Xbox but I don't think it will reach the level of hype in a gaming community like this as those other games. Mainstream media-wise though it could be overhyped.

On perhaps a smaller scale, Bloodborne, The Order 1886, The Witcher 3 and Star Fox U seem to have the potential to be overhyped. It's less about the quality of the games and more about which games reach hype / expectation levels that are just too high for any release to deserve them, and the games I listed are some of the ones I think could bring that out, along with a couple I suspect could be big disappointments even with the level of hype they have already got.

My mind jumped immediarely to Evolve