By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's going to be the most over-hyped game this year?

Tagged games:

DrasticDracon said:
vivster said:

No one is talking about it because we rarely get to see any new footage. But it is and always has been highly anticipated. Hype is not the amount of advertising but the amount of people who anticipate it strongly. I can see it easily selling 1m FW.

I don't think more advertisement and news pieces would increase the current hype very much.

Yeah, The Order is probably getting just as much hype as it should be getting-And if it does turn out to be an average game (at least at launch), I'll be happy it wasn't too hyped. I'm one of the people mildly anticipating it but I wouldn't want it to be drowned with hate and negative media if it doesn't truly deserve it.

Actually I'm tempted now to make a Metacritic prediction thread for this to see where we stand now. I'm sure there are still people who expect 90+.
Would like to see if the mean is closer to 70 or 80

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Halo 5. No Man Sky may flop, but it doesn't have the hype of a AAA Title. You can't beat all the marketing $ of flagship AAA titles.

vivster said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

I knew I forgot something about Second Son. It's been a while since I played it.

If The Order ends up getting in the high 70s or better, I'll be surprised and more than satisified. The previews before PSX didn't give me any hope that it would amount to any more than a pretty but shallow game. Also, I still don't think it has enough hype for it to be considered overhyped

The fact that there is even a single person out there who doesn't think that the gameplay looks boring makes it overhyped :P

Actually this game will stand or fall with its story. There is a chance if the story manages to have some captivating characters(a cool villain maybe?) and some well executed plot twists to even land in the mid 80s.

@ bolded:

I do agree with you that its metascore will be heavily reliant on its story quality since it has no co-op or multiplayer.

Zelda U by miles.

It's a difficult question to answer because the game in question has to fall short of expectations for it to be 'over-hyped'. The most hyped game this year will be Halo or COD. If they fall short of that hype then they'll be the most over-hyped games.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
It's a difficult question to answer because the game in question has to fall short of expectations for it to be 'over-hyped'. The most hyped game this year will be Halo or COD. If they fall short of that hype then they'll be the most over-hyped games.

I don't think COD can be overhyped since everyone already knows what to expect of it.

TheGoldenBoy said:

I don't think COD can be overhyped since everyone already knows what to expect of it.

If anything I think it's an underrated franchise since it get's nothing but hate on the internet or scorn for the fact that it's an annual release ...

TheGoldenBoy said:

You might actually be right about COD because it seems to be falling out of favour with a few sites, so I'll just go with Halo. If it turns out to be great it won't be over-hyped though ... if you get my drift.

The PS5 Exists. 

Mystro-Sama said:
No Man's Sky, that game is going to disappoint soooo many people :/

So much this ^^

fatslob-:O said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

If anything I think it's an underrated franchise since it get's nothing but hate on the internet or scorn for the fact that it's an annual release ...

I can see how that could be true because, like a lot of things on the internet, it does get a lot of hate. However, I generally do agree with how they're rated by the critics so for me personally the recent COD games aren't over or underrated.