By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your predictions for 2015?

DrasticDracon said:
My prediction: No mention of Vita at Sony's E3 2015 conference..

Too easy You should be more bold.

Around the Network
TheGoldenBoy said:
zorg1000 said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

Technically my prediction would still be right even if it only releases in Japan in 2015. But, I'll go with a Worldwide Holiday 2015 release date.

Ya I know, I'm just messing with u. But Final Fantasy typically releases in the west a couple months after Japan. Most recent examples being, FF13,13-2, Lightning Returns all had holiday releases in Japan followed by Q1 releases in the West.

This could be do to needing to finish translating the titles but I think SE simply doesn't want FF competing with the big western holiday releases, having the series release in Q1 in the west helps give the game more of the spotlight and prevents it from getting overshadowed by the huge western annual releases.

That is true that they probably don't want to compete with the big western titles like Halo 5 and Uncharted 4, but the trailer was dubbed in English and I'm not sure if that happened for previous Final Fantasy games this far out. Also, the PS4 and Xbox One's sales are so much greater in the West that I assume they'd try a Worldwide release. Or else I fully expect the game to release in Spring 2016 at the latest.

U could be right, Pokemon use to always release in Japan a year prior to the west but this generation they have moved onto worldwide launches so i could be wrong for assuming things based on past trends.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

TheGoldenBoy said:
DrasticDracon said:
My prediction: No mention of Vita at Sony's E3 2015 conference..

Too easy You should be more bold.

Fine! I'm not that good of a predukter though! :P 

2015, Microsoft sells less than 90% number of Xbones sold in 2014 due to lack of games (compared to PS4), price drop rebound, and overall decline in consumer interest.

More Sony domination, PS4 will reach at least 42M

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

PS4 hits 39m by the end of the year. XBO at 21m. WiiU at 11m.

The Last Guardian will still not be released.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Xbone takes the US for good. PS4 continues to take WW and Wii-U continues to keep making a little profit for Nintendo.

Aphelion said:

PS4 will dominate 2015 much more so then 2014 will sale +20m (and nobody will understand why it sells so much)
X1 will struggle in weekly sales near wiiu levels
GT7 will release to highest selling fw numbers ever for GT (FW may be high but then it will fall fast)
Froza6 will be awesome but will get over shadowed and fall sales wise do to over saturation.
Halo 5 will be huge fw then taper of to become lowest selling halo bar Og HAlo.
Cod will fall ever more this year.
Gears will be shown, collection will do gangbusters sales surpassing HAlomcc. (Not sure it will sell that much)
FF15 will surprise quality and sales wise, MGS will some what dissapoint.
DQ and Monster hunter on PS4.  

I agree with most of this.

PS4 will do great as usual, Wii U will still sell badly, and X1 will sell terribly if they bring the price back up to $399.
Many games will also be delayed.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Zelda will be game of the year
FF15 will sell well but slowly people will start to despise it like all other recent FF games, will also release mid to late year
PS4 will sell the most but not as much as 2014
Wii U will have its best year in terms of sales
Xbone will sell about the same pace as 2014
More devs will close down due to bankruptcy
Multitude of remasters.... joy
Ubisoft release more buggy games

End of year sales-

PS4 - 29mill

Xbone - 17mill

Wii U - 14mill

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Maraccuda said:

Zelda will be game of the year
FF15 will sell well but slowly people will start to despise it like all other recent FF games, will also release mid to late year
PS4 will sell the most but not as much as 2014
Wii U will have its best year in terms of sales
Xbone will sell about the same pace as 2014
More devs will close down due to bankruptcy
Multitude of remasters.... joy
Ubisoft release more buggy games

End of year sales-

PS4 - 29mill

Xbone - 17mill

Wii U - 14mill

Lol, this prediction is totally crazy, you think PS4 will sell only 9M and 2M more than X1 in 2015 ? And less than 2014 despite much more and bigger exclusives + japan+ china + much more big 3rd party games? That makes no sense

Your prediction for X1 is also too low, it should be 20M at least, and your Wii U prediction...Even with a price cut, it's very unlikely

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m