By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your predictions for 2015?

zorg1000 said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
Final Fantasy XV will get a Holiday 2015 release date.

I'm guessing just in Japan tho. America/Europe in Q1-Q2 2016

I didn't really think about specific region release dates.

Around the Network

Uncharted 4 will sell 10 million
Black Ops 3 will bring call of duty back to glory for a year then back to shit
Much better year exclusive wise for PS4

TheGoldenBoy said:
zorg1000 said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

Well u best start thinking buddy

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
zorg1000 said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

Technically my prediction would still be right even if it only releases in Japan in 2015. But, I'll go with a Worldwide Holiday 2015 release date.

I say fuck it, a padless Wii U wiil be announced.

I'm now filled with determination.

Around the Network

Sony:

PS4 will do great as usual. Sony will cut price to $349 in Q2 - Q3. PS4 will have 40 million units sold and 42 million units shipped.
GG RPG  will be a big reveal. Uncharted 4 will shock everyone at E3. E3 2015 will be a big battle of exclusives.

Microsoft:

Q1 and Q1 sales for Xbox One will be very bad. It will hit Wii U type weekly sales. However holiday deals will help it to get sales. But they will have strong competition from Sony and Nintendo. But Xbox One wont cross 20 million.
Gears, crackdown and scalebound gameplay will be shown. Halo 5 will do great.

Nintendo:

They will introduce Wii U slim without gamepad. Zelda U will do surprisingly well. Wii U will sell 4 million units.
Nintendo will return to on stage E3 presentation. They will give a hint of next gen portable console. Wii U will get support from other companies (Bayonetta type exclusives funded by Nintendo).

TheGoldenBoy said:
zorg1000 said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
zorg1000 said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

Technically my prediction would still be right even if it only releases in Japan in 2015. But, I'll go with a Worldwide Holiday 2015 release date.

Ya I know, I'm just messing with u. But Final Fantasy typically releases in the west a couple months after Japan. Most recent examples being, FF13,13-2, Lightning Returns all had holiday releases in Japan followed by Q1 releases in the West.

This could be do to needing to finish translating the titles but I think SE simply doesn't want FF competing with the big western holiday releases, having the series release in Q1 in the west helps give the game more of the spotlight and prevents it from getting overshadowed by the huge western annual releases.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

Ya I know, I'm just messing with u. But Final Fantasy typically releases in the west a couple months after Japan. Most recent examples being, FF13,13-2, Lightning Returns all had holiday releases in Japan followed by Q1 releases in the West.

This could be do to needing to finish translating the titles but I think SE simply doesn't want FF competing with the big western holiday releases, having the series release in Q1 in the west helps give the game more of the spotlight and prevents it from getting overshadowed by the huge western annual releases.

That is true that they probably don't want to compete with the big western titles like Halo 5 and Uncharted 4, but the trailer was dubbed in English and I'm not sure if that happened for previous Final Fantasy games this far out. Also, the PS4 and Xbox One's sales are so much greater in the West that I assume they'd try a Worldwide release. Or else I fully expect the game to release in Spring 2016 at the latest.

Microsoft announce a new banjo kazooie.

Bundle Xbox One Halo 5 will sell 5 milion.

My prediction: No mention of Vita at Sony's E3 2015 conference..