By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Prediction: Uncharted 4 will sell 10 million

Intrinsic said:
by its launch there should be around 35M+ PS4s in homes.

selling 8-10m should be possible

With that logic Uncharted 2 or even 3 should have achieved 8-10 million. But they didn't and had a lot of bundling.

I'm sure it'll do great, but I'm reluctant to believe it can move numbers like that unless Sony does some mass bundling.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Intrinsic said:
by its launch there should be around 35M+ PS4s in homes.

selling 8-10m should be possible

With that logic Uncharted 2 or even 3 should have achieved 8-10 million. But they didn't and had a lot of bundling.

I'm sure it'll do great, but I'm reluctant to believe it can move numbers like that unless Sony does some mass bundling.

seem to forget that unlike the ps3, a lot of the people buying the ps4 aren't just buying a blu-ray player.

Mr.Playstation said:
It probably won't happen. PlayStation IPs are always known as critically acclaimed and brilliantly produced titles but unfortunately they fall short in sales ( when compared to their greatness.

P.S: Welcome to VGChartz.

I think the main reason for some food play station is best games falling short of 10 mil is due to the pub itself not being the console of choice until very late in the 7th gen cycle. The mass market bought most of their  AAA games on 360 and the US where game like uncharted appeal to most was a market owned by Ms in the 360 days. Now that that has clearly changed I think 10 mil is firmly within reach

CGI-Quality said:
Intrinsic said:
Mr Puggsly said:

- snip

seem to forget that unlike the ps3, a lot of the people buying the ps4 aren't just buying a blu-ray player.

Beynd that, who cares if it is bundled? The biggest games usually are, or will be (Mario, Halo, GT, etc....). Always irks me to see that term thrown around like it is a negative. Bundles help IPs.

In Uncharted 4's case, I'm sure it'll have a bundle here or there, but I can still see it selling in very high numbers on its own.

Question is, will SCEA bundle it? Cause they seem to be very adverse about bundling anything nowadays (minus BF and Xmas specials). Pretty much the polar opposite of SCEE

NavyNut said:
It does make a difference, if it scores a low 70 I guarantee you it will have an impact on sales.

I know it was not in this quote but you think the game will flop and have a low Meta? And you think because it is not innovative that the sales will fall? Why? Why can't a game just be good why does it always have to be innovative with some people? I have been playing Mario for years, COD, Tekken, Madden, NBA 2K, MLB, Pokemon etc and they have done nothing really innovative but they are good solid games so I buy them and continue to play them. hence the reason they have survied so long. 

And what is a flop to you? Just so I can be clear on what you are saying. 

Edit- Your comments in the thread make you come off as a Nintendo fan. And this is not a shot at nintendo fans I just have seen a few say the nothing new here and no innovation about games on non Nintendo systems comments. Not all....just some Nintendo fans. 

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
TheBlackNaruto said:

NavyNut said:
It does make a difference, if it scores a low 70 I guarantee you it will have an impact on sales.

I know it was not in this quote but you think the game will flop and have a low Meta? And you think because it is not innovative that the sales will fall? Why? Why can't a game just be good why does it always have to be innovative with some people? I have been playing Mario for years, COD, Tekken, Madden, NBA 2K, MLB, Pokemon etc and they have done nothing really innovative but they are good solid games so I buy them and continue to play them. hence the reason they have survied so long. 

Edit- Your comments in the thread make you come off as a Nintendo fan. And this is not a shot at nintendo fans I just have seen a few say the nothing new here and no innovation about games on non Nintendo systems comments. Not all....just some Nintendo fans. 

he's probably an xbox fan man

TheBlackNaruto said:

NavyNut said:

Mario constantly innovates, COD is always more of the same and the reason why its score dropped as for the rest I don't play sports game too much. Uncharted was amazing in the first two games, third game was not as good and more of the same, I didn't see anything mind blowing about Uncharted 4, even the graphics doesn't look that amazing. They look good but nothing that screams nextgen is here, just more of the same and I think the reviews will reflect that as well.

uncharted 1 had great legs to about 4.5M, Uncharted 2 was the pinnacle with about 6.5M and I feel the series fatigued a little with Uncharted 3 only increasing in sales by a tiny margin. The growth slowed. I would have expected similar decline with U4 but with the increased install base the PS4 is enjopying and the fact fact a lot of 360 gamers switched to PS4 I expect growth again and the title to hit 8-10M.

TLOU2 I think will hit 10M easier.

Intrinsic said:
Mr Puggsly said:

That's a pretty lame excuse considering Bluray movies weren't exactly a massive success (Bluray movie sales have been tiny compared to DVD at its peak) and other PS3 games have sold 8 - 10 million.

Most people bought a PS3 to play games and its physical software sales are almost at equal with 360.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

CGI-Quality said:
Kerotan said:
uncharted 1 had great legs to about 4.5M, Uncharted 2 was the pinnacle with about 6.5M and I feel the series fatigued a little with Uncharted 3 only increasing in sales by a tiny margin. The growth slowed. I would have expected similar decline with U4 but with the increased install base the PS4 is enjopying and the fact fact a lot of 360 gamers switched to PS4 I expect growth again and the title to hit 8-10M.

TLOU2 I think will hit 10M easier.

I don't think there is series fatigue at all. Uncharted 3 is still selling a weekly amount and has already cleared, in less time at that. This doesn't even include digital sales (people always forget these). Uncharted 2 didn't have that.

Uncharted 4 should have no trouble selling more than both.

ok point taken. i suppose you are right and wasn't uncharted 3 given away for free on ps plus? 

either way it's digital sales are probably higher than uncharted 2.