By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - For what purpose will you buy Mario maker?

I doubt that I'd make anything worthwhile in it, I'm also getting it to play the crazy stuff people will make.

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
RCTjunkie said:
I want to create my own Super Mario game with the full 32 level design and try to get as creative as possible, as well as have my friends test it out.

I'll play it.  

But this is my main concern with this game: are we all going to get 2D Mario fatigue after this?  I mean how will Nintendo be able to get us excited again for the next version?  They're going to need to step it up beyond what all the creative Nintendo fans come up with.  This could be a good thing, as Nintendo often does their best work when their backs are against the wall.

Now Nintendo have embraced DLC, i can see them adding content to keep the game fresh. I also agree that Nintendo seem to be doing their best stuff whilst on the back foot, their work on the Wii U has been their best to date imo.

Getting it for the level creation tools.

It is a 2D Mario Little Big Planet for me, so I'll make a few levels and enjoy other's creations.

Making the most impossible levels in Mario history. Nah, that's stupid. I was thinking remaking SMB with NSMBU's graphics. But someone will before I do. I wonder how Nintendo's gonna handle level creation though. There has to be a size limit and all sorts of limitations that prevent creators from devaluing the next 2D Mario games.

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
Making the most impossible levels in Mario history. Nah, that's stupid. I was thinking remaking SMB with NSMBU's graphics. But someone will before I do. I wonder how Nintendo's gonna handle level creation though. There has to be a size limit and all sorts of limitations that prevent creators from devaluing the next 2D Mario games.

We're getting 3 2D games next year. Let's hope Nintendo knows that this is ENOUGH. Release some 3D games, it's 2014! 

I wouldn't be surprised if all the new 2D Mario games came with this level editor from now on. And why not? All the hard work will be done with Mario Maker, they'd just need to fine tune it and add some new graphical styles with each new game. 

zippy said:
super_etecoon said:
RCTjunkie said:
I want to create my own Super Mario game with the full 32 level design and try to get as creative as possible, as well as have my friends test it out.

I'll play it.  

But this is my main concern with this game: are we all going to get 2D Mario fatigue after this?  I mean how will Nintendo be able to get us excited again for the next version?  They're going to need to step it up beyond what all the creative Nintendo fans come up with.  This could be a good thing, as Nintendo often does their best work when their backs are against the wall.

Now Nintendo have embraced DLC, i can see them adding content to keep the game fresh. I also agree that Nintendo seem to be doing their best stuff whilst on the back foot, their work on the Wii U has been their best to date imo.

And it is so odd, never have I been so pleased with a Nintendo console in my entire life. I've owned all of them and nothing compares to thier Wii U. But it sells like crap. Anyway, I also see NIntendo embracing DLC heavily for this game because it fits so well. This game could easily be on the same level as Minecraft if Nintendo does it right. New backgrounds, characters, tile sets, music, it's limitless to what they can do. But I guarantee they'll limit us to what we can do.

Samus Aran said:
Ljink96 said:

We're getting 3 2D games next year. Let's hope Nintendo knows that this is ENOUGH. Release some 3D games, it's 2014! 

I wouldn't be surprised if all the new 2D Mario games came with this level editor from now on. And why not? All the hard work will be done with Mario Maker, they'd just need to fine tune it and add some new graphical styles with each new game. 

What do you mean?

3D: Zelda, Starfox, Splatoon, Xenoblade X

2D: Kirby RC, Mario Maker, Yoshi WW, am I missing something?

Ljink96 said:
Samus Aran said:
Ljink96 said:

What do you mean?

3D: Zelda, Starfox, Splatoon, Xenoblade X

2D: Kirby RC, Mario Maker, Yoshi WW, am I missing something?

You'd expect that the vast majority of games on a HOME CONSOLE these days would be in 3D.

I love DKC: TF and will get Yoshi's Woolly World, but the rest looks like shovelware to me. 

Ljink96 said:
zippy said:
super_etecoon said:
RCTjunkie said:

I'll play it.  

And it is so odd, never have I been so pleased with a Nintendo console in my entire life. I've owned all of them and nothing compares to thier Wii U. But it sells like crap. Anyway, I also see NIntendo embracing DLC heavily for this game because it fits so well. This game could easily be on the same level as Minecraft if Nintendo does it right. New backgrounds, characters, tile sets, music, it's limitless to what they can do. But I guarantee they'll limit us to what we can do.

I agree.  The WiiU interface alone puts it in a level all by itself.  Playing Wii games on a basically portable system....heck yeah.  So many great titles, and amazing HD graphics.  I don't care where the console ranks with the PS4 or the Xbox One...all I care is that Nintendo continues to support it with the titles I love to play.  Next year certainly promises to do that and more.  E3 2015 will tell me if this will be a perfect homerun for the console.  If all we get is a reveal for another system (handheld or console) and no support for the WiiU beyond ZeldaU, then I'll be pretty bummed out.  I just hope Nintendo can be satisfied with the install base that the WiiU has.