By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Name your favourite 5 games of all time

Only 5? It's pretty hard to pick only five. 1. Ocarina of Time. 2. A Link to the Past 3. Metroid 4. Battletoads 5. Mario Kart 64

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

C'mon, just a feeeeeeeeeew more

My turn!

5. Pikmin Series (1 & 2, the second is better but without the first it wouldn't be the same)

4. Harverst Moon 64

3. Half-life (1 & 2, you can add Team Fortress Classic for the number of hours I played this game)

2. Zelda (A link to the past and Ocarina of time)

1. Super Mario RPG : Legend of the Seven Stars (probably the best game I could play in my whole life)

Many title could still be add in my top game. Mario kart, Golden eye, Paper Mario : The Thousand-Year Door, Final Fantasy , Fire emblem : path of radiance, etc. But this is probably my top 5. 

5. Dr.Mario (NES) 4. Beyond Good & Evil (NGC) 3. Rock n' Roll Racers (SNES) 2. Megaman X2 (SNES) 1. Xenogears (PS) By the way ArtofAngels FFIX I agree is completely engrossing. One of my all time Favorite RPGs by far. Completely blows the rest of the FF out of the water in my opinion.

Surprised I havent seen more PC games. Namely Battlefield 2, Quake, Civilization, Doom 2, Ultima Online/EQ/WoW, Warcraft 2, or Diablo 1/2. Guess the audience here is predominately console gamers.

Around the Network

Well, dgm, you'll notice that there's no graph on the front page tracking how many PCs have been sold :-p

Its a "5 favorite games of all time" thread, not a favorite game that vgcharts tracks thread. Civilization and Diablo should have been mentioned by now. They are 2 of the best selling games of all time, regardless of platform. I mean games like Battletoads, Dr. Mario, Rock n Roll Racers and NWO/WCW Revenge have got mentions and they all suck.

Ya know, I was just thinking consoles. I didn't even think to include PC games. Doom and Counterstrike would be in my list. Doom started my FPS craze, and Countersrike made me a crack fiend. I used to be in a clan.

My point was that this is a console-centric website. If you go to a Beatles website, you're going to get people who are Rolling Stones fans too, but the primary focus is on the Beatles. VGChartz is a console website, so you're going to get a lot of PC gamers, but the main focus is going to be consoles.

1. Legend of Zelda (NES) 2. Final Fantasy II [IV] (SNES) 3. Monkey Island II: LeChuck's Revenge (PC/Mac) 4. Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES) 5. Metroid Prime (NGC)