By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So take Monolith Soft and out of the equation, who would you get to develop Xenosaga episode IV?

KingdomHeartsFan said:
bigtakilla said:

All that proves is that Yuna MAY HAVE BEEN too weak to do it on her own (this was never mentioned in game), and that another summoner would have had to step up. Which is another little hole in the whole "Tidus had to be there" stance. 

Without Shulk the World would have ended, it states numerous times that beyond Shulk, Dunban was the only one who could control the Monado.

Using that logic, Shulk was a puppet made by the god guy, forgot his name.  He could have chosen anyone else.

Use spoiler tags bro. And yes, Shulk was chosen at random. But I'm sure whoever Zanza would have chosen would have done the same.

Around the Network
Clyde32 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
bigtakilla said:

All that proves is that Yuna MAY HAVE BEEN too weak to do it on her own (this was never mentioned in game), and that another summoner would have had to step up. Which is another little hole in the whole "Tidus had to be there" stance. 

Without Shulk the World would have ended, it states numerous times that beyond Shulk, Dunban was the only one who could control the Monado.

Using that logic, Shulk was a puppet made by the god guy, forgot his name.  He could have chosen anyone else.

Use spoiler tags bro. And yes, Shulk was chosen at random. But I'm sure whoever Zanza would have chosen would have done the same.

Yup, if another summoner like Yuna coulda defeated sin then the same logic shows another hero like Shulk would have come along.

bigtakilla said:
Ljink96 said:
Square Enix, duh.

You should read the rest of the posts. Square-Enix would push what is great about the series (religion and philosophy) to the background for a love story. They couldn't handle the story of a Xeno game.

I'm sure they could but i'm not so sure if todays average gamer could handle xenogears/saga -like storyconcepts. for example a xenogears current gen reboot would could sure cost a lot to develop. >20 million copies sold at a 60$ pricepoint to be profitable would not suprise me. question is: will you get that many buyers?

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Clyde32 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
bigtakilla said:

Yup, if another summoner like Yuna coulda defeated sin then the same logic shows another hero like Shulk would have come along.

But...Zanza wasn't the reason shulk was able to save the world. Any other person wouldn't have been able to access Monado III

0815user said:
bigtakilla said:
Ljink96 said:
Square Enix, duh.

You should read the rest of the posts. Square-Enix would push what is great about the series (religion and philosophy) to the background for a love story. They couldn't handle the story of a Xeno game.

I'm sure they could but i'm not so sure if todays average gamer could handle xenogears/saga -like storyconcepts. for example a xenogears current gen reboot would could sure cost a lot to develop. >20 million copies sold at a 60$ pricepoint to be profitable would not suprise me. question is: will you get that many buyers?

Who would be stupid enough to require a game to sell above 20 million copies to be profitable?

Around the Network
Clyde32 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Clyde32 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
bigtakilla said:

But...Zanza wasn't the reason shulk was able to save the world. Any other person wouldn't have been able to access Monado III

Exactly Shulk was just a nobody that Zanza choose, he could have chosen someone else.  Its not like he had a time restriction. 

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Clyde32 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
bigtakilla said:

There were already other summoners, there were no others that could control the Monado. Now you're just reaching.

I'm not just saying that if the developers didn't create Yuna, they would have created someone different. I'm saying in the game, there are other summoners there to bannish Sin. In Xenoblade Dunban and Shulk were the only two that could use the Monado. If Yuna died there were others, if Shulk died they would have been screwed.

bigtakilla said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Clyde32 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
bigtakilla said:

There were already other summoners, there were no others that could control the Monado. Now you're just reaching.

Shulk couldn't control it anyway without Zanza choosing him.  It wasn't his brith right or anything...I'm just using your logic.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
bigtakilla said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Clyde32 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
bigtakilla said:

Shulk couldn't control it anyway without Zanza choosing him.  It wasn't his brith right or anything...I'm just using your logic.

And you're confused in my point, I'm not just saying that if the developers didn't create Yuna, they would have created someone different. I'm saying in the game, there are other summoners there to bannish Sin. In Xenoblade Dunban and Shulk were the only two that could use the Monado. If Yuna died there were others, if Shulk died they would have been screwed.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

Exactly Shulk was just a nobody that Zanza choose, he could have chosen someone else.  Its not like he had a time restriction. 

My point just flew right over your head. Monado III had nothing to do with Zanza. If he had chosen someone else, they may not have awakened it.