By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So take Monolith Soft and out of the equation, who would you get to develop Xenosaga episode IV?

KingdomHeartsFan said:
bigtakilla said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
bigtakilla said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Are u trying to make the arguement that Yuna could have single handly killed sin without any help?

Without any help? No

Without Tidus? Yes (at least banish him)

I disagree but nontheless there is no way for either of us to prove this so its moot, only the developer can answer this.  Anyway we've derailed the thread enough, time to go to sleep. 

How? The ritual to banish Sin has went on for a long time and had been done many times before. It could happen. It's not a maybe.

Okay since you can't let this go...go ahead and prove it.  Prove that Tidus played no role in getting the party to the final stage, prove they could have got through each encounter without Tidus and everyone else in the party would have been there without Tidus.

All that proves is that Yuna MAY HAVE BEEN too weak to do it on her own (this was never mentioned in game), and that another summoner would have had to step up. Which is another little hole in the whole "Tidus had to be there" stance. 

Without Shulk the World would have ended, it states numerous times that beyond Shulk, Dunban was the only one who could control the Monado.

Around the Network

Yasumi Matsuno would be your man. He did FF Tactics, Vagrant Story, story and concept for FFXII, and is a fan of western games. He is apparently working on a new Tactical RPG, but I have loved his stories and style.

Square Enix
Xenoblade need some lightning in their games

bigtakilla said:
Ljink96 said:
bigtakilla said:
Ljink96 said:
Square Enix, duh.

You should read the rest of the posts. Square-Enix would push what is great about the series (religion and philosophy) to the background for a love story. They couldn't handle the story of a Xeno game.

You haven't played Xenogears have you?  That's the best Xeno game there is(OPINION). And Square Soft did it. With Final Fantasy, yeah they sap it up but with Xenogears I think they have a good chance. They did it once, I think they can do it again.

I have, Xenogears was made by the Monolith Soft team (mostly) back when they were part of Squaresoft. It's not the same. We aren't talking about time traveling to a time when Squaresoft ruled the World, we are talking about now and episode IV.

Square-Enix =/= Squaresoft, not by a long shot unfortunately.

True, but I believe that they're still the most qualified for the job. Tales games get drier and drier, they like doing.... oh, Xenosaga? Not...blade okay. i agree with you there.

Namco and Square should just sell Xenosaga and Xenogears to nintendo and let Monolith finish what they started.

Around the Network
DamnTastic said:
Square Enix

We are talking about Xenosaga here, not xenoblade.

Wildcard36qs said:
Yasumi Matsuno would be your man. He did FF Tactics, Vagrant Story, story and concept for FFXII, and is a fan of western games. He is apparently working on a new Tactical RPG, but I have loved his stories and style.

While he more deals with stories reflecting political struggles, I would be open to seeing a Xeno game from him. He definitely has the ability to handle a complex story. It may not be a seemless transition to Episode IV, but an interesting one no doubt.

bigtakilla said:

All that proves is that Yuna MAY HAVE BEEN too weak to do it on her own (this was never mentioned in game), and that another summoner would have had to step up. Which is another little hole in the whole "Tidus had to be there" stance. 

Without Shulk the World would have ended, it states numerous times that beyond Shulk, Dunban was the only one who could control the Monado.

Using that logic, Shulk was a puppet made by the god guy, forgot his name.  He could have chosen anyone else.

Clyde32 said:
DamnTastic said:
Square Enix

xenosaga then

DamnTastic said:
Clyde32 said:
DamnTastic said:
Square Enix

xenosaga then

Alright, I see. I thought that said Lighting at first, now I get the joke.