By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So take Monolith Soft and out of the equation, who would you get to develop Xenosaga episode IV?

So a JAPANESE game that used to be exclusive to playstation, which is also a remastered version and not even a new game would blow sales expectation on the XBONE? yeah thats the craziest thing ive heard in 2014...

Now who would i want to develop the new game? Konami

Around the Network

Square Enix, duh.

illusion! But thats for personal purposes only

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

We are talking about ports, just grab a random studio and that's it.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

estebxx said:
So a JAPANESE game that used to be exclusive to playstation, which is also a remastered version and not even a new game would blow sales expectation on the XBONE? yeah thats the craziest thing ive heard in 2014...

Exactly. 

Mind = Blown!

As far as Konami, which team? The only one I could think of would be the Suikoden team and they are no longer around (as of 2011) and it's creator (Yoshitaka Murayama) is now with Blue Moon studios.

Around the Network
Metallox said:
We are talking about ports, just grab a random studio and that's it.

No, the thread asks which studio could develop Xenosaga Episode IV, not the remakes.

Ljink96 said:
Square Enix, duh.

You should read the rest of the posts. Square-Enix would push what is great about the series (religion and philosophy) to the background for a love story. They couldn't handle the story of a Xeno game.

bigtakilla said:
Ljink96 said:
Square Enix, duh.

You should read the rest of the posts. Square-Enix would push what is great about the series (religion and philosophy) to the background for a love story. They couldn't handle the story of a Xeno game.

You haven't played Xenogears have you?  That's the best Xeno game there is(OPINION). And Square Soft did it. With Final Fantasy, yeah they sap it up but with Xenogears I think they have a good chance. They did it once, I think they can do it again.

Ljink96 said:
bigtakilla said:
Ljink96 said:
Square Enix, duh.

You haven't played Xenogears have you?  That's the best Xeno game there is(OPINION). And Square Soft did it. With Final Fantasy, yeah they sap it up but with Xenogears I think they have a good chance. They did it once, I think they can do it again.

I have, Xenogears was made by the Monolith Soft team (mostly) back when they were part of Squaresoft. It's not the same. We aren't talking about time traveling to a time when Squaresoft ruled the World, we are talking about now and episode IV.

Square-Enix =/= Squaresoft, not by a long shot unfortunately.

bigtakilla said:
estebxx said:

Exactly. 

Mind = Blown!

As far as Konami, which team? The only one I could think of would be the Suikoden team and they are no longer around (as of 2011) and it's creator (Yoshitaka Murayama) is now with Blue Moon studios.

The one that made Zone of the Enders