By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 7 Reasons why Devils Third will suck and flop

1. Because its not Halo, Call of Duty, or Battlefield

Or made/published by the same people. Most shooters that don't already belong to an established franchise don't do well. Spec Ops? More like Spec Flops! ZombiU? more like Zombi who! Metro Last Light? Sniper Elite 3? Didn't sell well either.

2. Because it actually has a single player campaign

Recently, the best-selling shooters either have a single player campaign that is either shorter than it's predecessors (Call of Duty), extremely minimal (Destiny), or just about absent entirely (Titanfall). 

Devil's Third will fail because an extensive single player campaign has been promised. Given sales trends, gamers tend to prefer FPSs not to have a single player campaign at all.

3. Because its multiplayer and overall gameplay will be too different

Levels customized by users and clans? A variety of never-before seen win conditions? Uniquely blended FPS and hack-and slash combat? Pass. I'd rather play on Coagulation on Halo MCC for the millionth time in my life. Or buy the same maps for CoD all over again.

4. Because its Nintendo

Speaking of different.... you know who really suck at doing stuff that's special and different? Nintendo. They're awful at it. 

This even applies when Nintendo works with external studios as they did with Bayonetta 2 and Hyrule Warriors. I mean, come on, Bayonetta is just another GOW clone and Hyrule Warriors is just another Zelda game.

5. Because the online will work day one

As for Nintendo, did you know that all their online multiplayer WiiU titles released this year have worked since their launch? Granted, the online will largely work because no one will play it. 

Regardless, Nintendo is following a dangerous path with working online.

A key factor in a successful launch of a multiplayer FPS is broken online play at launch. It gets everyone talking and, more importantly, whining about your game. If a game isn't worth whining about, no one will buy it to complain about what a broken POS it is. This was particularly essential for Battlefield 4 and Halo MCC. 

6. Because it doesn't deserve to be successful

If a game is not on Playstation, Xbox or PC, it doesn't deserve to be successful ever. Period. In the off chance DT sells more than a million units and does well on Metacritic, we have to insist that the game would be better if it were on PS, Xbox, or PC to begin with.

Despite the WiiU version being the only one, we have to acknowledge that its not definitive and that it's a flop relative to it's thereotical PS/Xbox/PC counterpart.

7. Because graphix

Clearly DT was intended from the ground up to actually be a PS2 gaem.  In fact, because I'm so sure it's a PS2 gaem, I'll wait until Devil's Third inevitably comes to PSN so I can play it on the Vita.  Should be alright there, but I think I'd go Bayo 2 on Vita first.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

You forgot about number 8. It looks like shit.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:

That's basically 3 & 7

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Fusioncode said:

Aside from that, it seems that the game could deserve a try, especially after reading what fleischr commented; I mean, he's kinda right. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metro Last Light? More Like "Metro Ass Bite"!!

Sniper Elite 3? More like 'Skype Her STD".... well I tried.

:(

Around the Network

Leaving aside the graphics, Devil's Third seems to be a promising game!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

Leaving aside the graphics, Devil's Third seems to be a promising game!

Im pretty hyped for it, actually.

Probably the greatest thread ever created!

2 made me laugh.

In all seriousness though. It would flop hard even if it was the second coming of Jesus. Niche game on a niche console. That's not the game's fault but it's what's going to happen.

Better and less niche games have flopped by being exclusive to the wrong console.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.