By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 7 Reasons why Devils Third will suck and flop

If only that wasnt true.

I am sure i will enjoy it though. It looks like alot of fun.

Around the Network
itsFizz said:

PS: Why did so many posters NOT notice the more than obvious sarcasm in the OP?

Because they didn't read it.

DT is everyone's favorite punching bag, and often when you try to honestly convey what's really promising about the game, you just get lots of posts like "looks like shit. rofl can't believe Nintendo fans would buy this". So you need some satire to draw someone's attention in only to make them go "Wait, there's something more here". Once you see that, you can see there's a genuine shot at this game actually blowing everyone away. I'm serious. 

I'd rather have a developer totally nail the gameplay first and improve the graphics later. That would seem to be something of the methodology Nintendo would typically favor.  As opposed to what likely occurred with Killzone where you make a really pretty game and polish the gameplay later on. 

I don't think Nintendo's internal teams are so careless to adopt a new project if it couldn't possibly live up to the high quality standards Nintendo typically sets. Itagaki's track record (Ninja Gaiden, Dead or Alive) is just too good to just presume the game will be terrible. Also consider Danny Bilson's (The THQ exec who initiated the project) high praise, expectations, ambitions for the title.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

pokoko said:
1 Reason why Devil's Third will receive praise and hype despite the mediocre game-play reveal.

1. It's a Nintendo exclusive.

Seriously, what's with the excuses and rationalizations? If this game had been an Xbox/Playstation exclusive, the world would be ignoring the hell out of it right now. If Nintendo fans commented at all, it would be to say that it's just another violent shooter and they're glad such games are skipping the Wii U. It looked exceedingly average. If it gains improvements across the board, as the developer promised, then that's great, but for now, it deserves very little attention. Trying to create pre-made excuses for why it might get poor reviews is kind of silly at this point.

Which is exactly what everyone was saying after its reveal even Nintendo fans. Until they started talking more about it and the multiplayer stuff showed up it was looking pretty damm bad. The concepts and how batshit inasne the multiplayer looks to be are what started making people hopeful.

fleischr said:
Cobretti2 said:
Versus_Evil said:
It'll flop because its a third party game and the type of game your average wii u owner doesn't buy.

This plus it's a FPS game  the worst genre on a NIntendo System possible.

If it was a mario clone may have a chance.

I have to agree. I've tried Metroid Prime, Goldeneye (N64 and the Wii remaster), Turok, House of Dead Wii, among several others. Not a single good FPS has ever been on Nintendo console ever!

CONGRATRULATIONS your sarcasm is about 10 years too late.

FPS have fuck all impact on NIntendo these days.  Look at COD as an example. The crowd is gone, there is only a fair few of us left who care for the genre.

Cobretti2 said:

FPS have fuck all impact on NIntendo these days.  Look at COD as an example. The crowd is gone, there is only a fair few of us left who care for the genre.

I'm one of the few, but the Wiimote has ruined me for dual analogue FPS games, it feels so obsolete now, using thumbsticks to aim.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Cobretti2 said:

I'm one of the few, but the Wiimote has ruined me for dual analogue FPS games, it feels so obsolete now, using thumbsticks to aim.

they still have wiimote support.

Cobretti2 said:
curl-6 said:
Cobretti2 said:

they still have wiimote support.

I know, but they're not being made any more.

I hope it's moderately successful. Enough to warrant a sequel but weak enough that the price drops fairly quickly.

I lol'ed at the online part, that was brilliant!

4. Because its Nintendo
6. Because it doesn't deserve to be successful

Sadly, those 2 points make up pretty much the modern mainstream mentality. Since its a Nintendo game and not on their console of choice they believe the game has no right to sell well. Such an incredibly dumb mind set which is why the gaming industry is stagnant and stale.

As for my thoughts about the game.... Im still not sold on it. Even though I am not a graphics whore, to me they look just OK. And I feel the multiplayer will overshadow the single player.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda