By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Prediction: I believe Xbox One will drop like a rock and be down yoy first half 2015

Could I be right?

Yes 246 70.69%

No 102 29.31%

Total:348
shikamaru317 said:

If MS doesn't do the smart thing and permanently extend the $350 price, and combine that with an Evolve bundle in February and a Witcher 3 bundle in May, yes, I think you could be right. If however MS is smart and keeps the $350 price and makes the aforementioned bundles, then I think Xbox One will certainly be up YOY, Witcher 3 and Evolve bundles at $350 will certainly sell better than the Titanfall bundle at $500/$450 did.

Does Microsoft have the marketing rights to The Witcher 3?

Around the Network
TheGoldenBoy said:
I still don't believe they're going back to $400.

I don't either, they have seen so much success with it $50 cheaper. They may put it up for a month, that's about it.

DJEVOLVE said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

I don't either, they have seen so much success with it $50 cheaper. They may put it up for a month, that's about it.

It would extremely stupid to do it just for a month. I suspect if they do hike the price back up to $400, it'll probably stay that way until E3 where they'll formally announce an official price cut to $350. 

TheGoldenBoy said:
DJEVOLVE said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

It would extremely stupid to do it just for a month. I suspect if they do hike the price back up to $400, it'll probably stay that way until E3 where they'll formally announce an official price cut to $350. 

If I was them I would keep the price where it is at. Say the fans wanted it or some fancy advertising.

DJEVOLVE said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
DJEVOLVE said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

If I was them I would keep the price where it is at. Say the fans wanted it or some fancy advertising.

Exactly they could easily say something like, "We were extremely pleased to announced over 10 million Xbox Ones have sold and we want to continue to offer fans the best value possible, so the Xbox One will continue to be sold at $350 USD." Something like that, obviously better though.

Around the Network

Because last year the cheapest SKU was $500

Barozi said:
Because last year the cheapest SKU was $500

So far you are the third person who's comment is worth reading.

Proud to be a Californian.

No way Xbox is going back to 400 bucks right? That'd be disastrous. I think 350 will be permanent.

MS would be pretty stupid to raise the price back up to 400.

NobleTeam360 said:
MS would be pretty stupid to raise the price back up to 400.

I think X1 price will go back to $399 almost everywhere if it still costs $401 to be produced.  Selling at a lose for too long is never good.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.