By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Passenger tossed after flipping out over staff’s ‘Merry Christmas’

wow, what a dick.

I'm not religious but I would never reject a celebration that brings gifts and chocolates with it... and generally improves peoples otherwise grumpy mood (except for a few individuals like this one).

I used to put up a christmas tree and lighting, and exchange cards when I was a kid, but not for a second did I give a damn about the historical/religious context of the event.

People will be celebrating most of the events we have now, even in 100 years time when significantly fewer people will be religious.

Around the Network

Too bad they weren't airborne when they tossed him out.

fuck him if he doesn't like it he can move to one of the countries that doesn't celebrate him. He can also enjoy the complimentary women stoning and beheadings.

Although i think he overreacted he does have a point. In public spaces people should at least say xmas.

"tossed"? thought it was literal

Around the Network

This is 2014, where a friendly greeting is "religions being stuffed down ma throat."

The fact that literally nobody else in the entire plane caring should be an indicator to him for how silly this thing was.

I do think "the holiday has nothing to do with religion" now is a slight exaggeration. Though it just means many different things to many different people. All correct.

I could understand the anger if the personnel had wished him a hundred years of unfortune or something but no one should flip out because of a mere "Merry Christmas" greeting, that's just taking it way too far. If neither the greeting itself nor the intent behind it contain any ill will then why should one be offended?

It's not liberal shit, it's just psychopath shit.

I remember reading this a few days ago, and I did find it silly for that man to lash out on everyone. Why would he find a simple greeting so offensive? I mean, the greeting's not hurting anyone, much less him. I'm sure he preferred for the flight attendant to tell him to screw off or something.

Also, of all places, he decided to lash out on someone on a plane. That's not smart at all.

I want to call this guy and wish him a merry Christmas.