By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Poll: To the people against remasters...

How do you feel about games being remastered?

I'm all for it! 134 40.98%

Not really bothered to be honest 121 37.00%

I'm against it! 42 12.84%

See results. 29 8.87%

Total:326

The games being remastered were in some cases not even 1 year old, and one cannot really compare DVD's to Video games as remastered DVD's take no more than one month to produce and take no attention from any new DVDs and movies being made while remastered Video games take months and usally to to the developer that count as a new game release.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network

There can't be enough remasters. Making a game better is always a plus in my book.

As a bonus they're a great tool for developers to gauge demand and make a quick buck for future endeavors.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Mr.Playstation said:
The games being remastered were in some cases not even 1 year old, and one cannot really compare DVD's to Video games as remastered DVD's take no more than one month to produce and take no attention from any new DVDs and movies being made while remastered Video games take months and usally to to the developer that count as a new game release.

Wouldn't those be considered simple ports then? I mean it's not their fault that there wasn't a new console at the time of their game's release.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I think remasters are fine because you have the option to purchase them if you want to and not to if you don't. The only downside to remasters are if they take away from the developer making something new. And I think that the recent remasters are fine as well (GTA, TR, TLOU) because as others have said they are more or less ports (that may look and play better). If they sell millions on the new consoles as I believe all 3 have, then obviously people are interested in getting them so why not make and sell them and make some extra money. You could just say they were timed exclusives for last generation consoles.

It's a little different. Remastering movies can't delay the production of new movies, but video game developers oftenly use their time for remasters instead of new games. It's ok when external studios do the remasters.

I like movie remasters as long as they don't use too much digital noise reduction (worsens everything).

And I hate most CD remasters, they're usually worse than the original masterings. There are only some labels that scan the original tapes as true as possible without making them louder etc.

Around the Network

I don't think people are against remasters, but just find remasters stupid in people's list for why some system is better than another.

Most people on this site have a ps3. So Last of Us is hardly a compelling reason to buy a PS4, so leave it out of the list of great games for the ps4.

irstupid said:
I don't think people are against remasters, but just find remasters stupid in people's list for why some system is better than another.

Most people on this site have a ps3. So Last of Us is hardly a compelling reason to buy a PS4, so leave it out of the list of great games for the ps4.

It sure sold a lot for not being a compelling reason.

remasters are only welcome if the game is at least 10 years old.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

i don't really like how remasters are being done now like last gen most of them were 40 dollars at launch and had like 2 or 3 games in them compare to what they are now being charge 60 dollars for one game and differences in graphics aren't as big of a change since they went from SD to HD while the PS4 and Xbox One remasters are simply going from 720P to 1080P and in only in some cases were now 60FPS.

I didn't replace my DVD's with BD versions. Whatever I already have, I didn't bother. I don't have problems with remakes. They become a problem for me when it's too short of a point. KH 2.5 is a fine remake. Although it should of been cancelled and ported to PS4. Now if that happens where 1.5 and 2.5 are ported to PS4. Than that's the BS line. If I don't have the original copy, an early remake won't piss me off though.