By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hackers Explain Why They Took Down XBL And PSN, XBL Was Easier To Hack

hasn't Anonymous went after these guys as well, can we get a hacker war going, that should be fun to watch.

Around the Network
Gnac said:
NavyNut said:
Nintendo was too cute to attack.

Maybe they have Cloudflare protection!

Could be Nintendo fans made about poor sales, This is why they think their fight is justified because wouldn't they want to make Nintendo's security good too? I doubt it but would at least be more of  a reason then what they are giving.

DJEVOLVE said:
Gnac said:
NavyNut said:
Nintendo was too cute to attack.

Maybe they have Cloudflare protection!

Could be Nintendo fans made about poor sales, This is why they think their fight is justified because wouldn't they want to make Nintendo's security good too? I doubt it but would at least be more of  a reason then what they are giving.

I'm going to read this post again when I am sober. I hope it makes sense by then.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

LurkerJ said:
kowenicki said:
Shinobi-san said:
To all those saying ddos is not a legitimate hack, you are wrong.

There are multiple methods to go about ddos, some of which include exploiting security flaws and what many of you think are legitimate hacking.

Fact of the matter is, these service were almost completely shut down for days, a standard ddos attack as you are all probably thinking of it, is not what happened here as those can easily be mitigated or at least partially mitigated.

live was down for hours not days. It wasn't a hack.

"It was down for hours" =/= "it wasn't a hack"

A DDoS attack is not a hack no matter how many hours it was down.

BHR-3 said:
psn has been down for 3 days for me so far

Even if XBL was easier to "hack" (can we stop using that word?), XBL was only down for barely 100 minutes and I haven't seen any of my friends from all over the world have problems signing in when it worked again for me. That's not even something you could point out as "success" as XBL could be down for 100 minutes anytime during the year.

And I bet Sony was just down for longer because those people spent their own time with families and friends instead of "fighting" a "hacker" group that is nothing but showing that the media is easy to manipulate. They are everywhere on the internet's news and even on TV although nothing happened. That's the real "hack" they have done.

Around the Network

Easier to DDoS XBL than PSN you mean? Thought it was about as easy to do anywhere lol

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Wow that's scary. I'm just gonna stick to using paypal for all purchases on Xbox.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Such a shame we all have to suffer like this.

tiffac said:

There is not enough facepalm in the world for the spin they just made up there.

I mean DDoS is hacking now? Also, they won't take down NASDAQ because they don't want to hurt the economy... more like scared to do it. There is a reason no one has tried.

If Sony, Microsoft and some other companies like Apple got together and went to Washington, demanding that these guys all pay for this stuff, it would stop within a week. 

For the lols? Ha that's a good one.