By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - B-but they say PC requires hours of modding to get games to work... /s

Yet somehow my mom was able to open skyrim and just play it. No setting changes, no technical issues. No downloading of patches after buying a disc in a store. Just download it in minutes on steam and play it. She has no technical PC skills. Her PC was cheaper to build than a used PS3 too and runs it better than a PS3 could ever dream of running it. Required no extra talent to run.

Around the Network

Wait, your mom plays Skyrim? That's pretty cool.

Squeezol said:
Wait, your mom plays Skyrim? That's pretty cool.

Got it for her I think the 22nd and she has 20 hours into it. Not sure if I made the right choice. I'm in my 20s and in the 90s she would play Diablo and a couple "mmo" games. So she and my dad got me into gaming. She hasn't played anything like this on PC in recent times. She did play a good amount of Oblivion on the 360. So I had a feeling she would like Skyrim. Just not to this level haha.

You have an exceptional mom then.
I first needed a university degree of advanced electronics to even find the start button on my prebuild system.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
I first needed a university degree of advanced electronics to even find the start button on my prebuild system.

To be fair the power button on the case she got wasn't the easiest to locate. It was similar in shape ot the reset one.

Around the Network

So your mom just knew instinctively to get games she would have to download a program called Steam, set up an account and purchase the game?

I think you may be underselling technical ability ;D

errorpwns said:
vivster said:

To be fair the power button on the case she got wasn't the easiest to locate. It was similar in shape ot the reset one.

That's why I requested by system to be built without reset button to avoid confusion. With it it probably wouldve added another 2 years to reach my degree.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

errorpwns said:

Yet somehow my mom was able to open skyrim and just play it. No setting changes, no technical issues. No downloading of patches after buying a disc in a store. Just download it in minutes on steam and play it. She has no technical PC skills. Her PC was cheaper to build than a used PS3 too and runs it better than a PS3 could ever dream of running it. Required no extra talent to run.

I have a hard time beliving that it was cheaper than a second hand PS3.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

My mom can't even edit photos on her mobile phone.

Mr.Playstation said:
errorpwns said:

I have a hard time beliving that it was cheaper than a second hand PS3.

Yeah, me too, actually. Seems a little TOO cheap to be true.