By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - B-but they say PC requires hours of modding to get games to work... /s

rolltide101x said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Well, firstly, the average PC user probably have used the internet before so what they will do is Google "Blah game keeps on crashing" and they will take it from there. Secondly, majority of the games are on Steam and so the most part, the games won't just crash unless the person is doing something terribly wrong... For the most part, the game will run at its default graphics settings and it will run just fine

Eh, Steam games crash all the time especially in the budget PC market. Steam can not help a problem with your driver. PC gaming REQUIRES atleast some knowledge. My 800$ rig crashes way more often than my PS4 and PS3

The only driver updates that people need are the ones for their video card which, more often than not, are easily avaiable via GeForce Experience and Amd equivalent... The GeForce Experience for example, notifies you when there is a new driver update avaliable and all you have to do is click install and thats it... How hard is that? And idk what ur doing to ur rig to make it crash that often but mine rarely crashes and I have over 300 games on steam

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

What does that even mean? With PC gaming, you can get tons of mods that will get the most out of ur hardware and the most out of ur games... And you don't have to upgrade a system for over 5 years... And not to mention, virtually every game is backwards compatible so if you buy a game from the year 1998, it will still run one way or another even if you have upgraded your PC several times and those games are also bound to have mods to make them look better

Yes, consoles are easier than PC but I feel like people are severely overestimating the "difficulty"

We are talking about the average gamer, the average gamer could not become a PC gamer without help.

Mr.Playstation said:
Its not hard, people just get too intimated too easily these days instead of actually finding it out for themselves how easy pc gaming really is

It definately isn't easy when compared to consoles. It is especially hard if you want to get the most out of your hardware, like me.

What does that even mean? With PC gaming, you can get tons of mods that will get the most out of ur hardware and the most out of ur games... And you don't have to upgrade a system for over 5 years... And not to mention, virtually every game is backwards compatible so if you buy a game from the year 1998, it will still run one way or another even if you have upgraded your PC several times and those games are also bound to have mods to make them look better

Yes, consoles are easier than PC but I feel like people are severely overestimating the "difficulty"

Not all PC games have mods, infant the majority do not. By getting the most of my hardware I meant that to get a playable frame rate in a game which didn't have a mod or a cfg file to simplify graphics, one needs to over clock the CPU and so on.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Eh, Steam games crash all the time especially in the budget PC market. Steam can not help a problem with your driver. PC gaming REQUIRES atleast some knowledge. My 800$ rig crashes way more often than my PS4 and PS3

The only driver updates that people need are the ones for their video card which, more often than not, are easily avaiable via GeForce Experience and Amd equivalent... The GeForce Experience for example, notifies you when there is a new driver update avaliable and all you have to do is click install and thats it... How hard is that? And idk what ur doing to ur rig to make it crash that often but mine rarely crashes and I have over 300 games on steam

?, games crash due to having issues with current drivers fairly regularly....  I am not saying I crash left and right but if my PS4 has not crashed in months, pretty much has not happened since BF4 and the PS4 launch

rolltide101x said:

We are talking about the average gamer, the average gamer could not become a PC gamer without help.

So, what ur saying is PC gaming is bad cause people are too lazy to do some quick research?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Yeah, that is part of the problem. I'm glad that you can spend $700 for a PC that can run games well for five years. Whereas on consoles $400 and be golden for 10+ years =D

rolltide101x said:

So, what ur saying is PC gaming is bad cause people are too lazy to do some quick research?

I game on PC, most people are not willing to do this. I love PC gaming lol

the_real_dsister44 said:

Yeah, that is part of the problem. I'm glad that you can spend $700 for a PC that can run games well for five years. Whereas on consoles $400 and be golden for 10+ years =D

Who says u can't run games well for more than 5 years on PC? And not to mention, when you upgrade ur console, the games that you bought for ur previous console will not work on ur new console or the games you bought for ur console thats two generations back won't work for ur new console but with PC, the games u bought a long time ago will work for ur new PC

rolltide101x said:
Its not hard, people just get too intimated too easily these days instead of actually finding it out for themselves how easy pc gaming really is

The average PC user would not know what to do if a game continues to crash. PC gaming requires atleast some knowledge unless you only run indies. 

Well, firstly, the average PC user probably have used the internet before so what they will do is Google "Blah game keeps on crashing" and they will take it from there.

Even better, there is a very useful forum integrated on Steam:

If it's a common problem, you shoud find the solution in the first or second forum page of that game.

Burek said:

I am still trying to wrap my mind around the notion of going to the store, buying a disc, then going home and downloading a game from Steam. Seems redundant and pointless.

You're not really doing that. The CD-Key is activated on steam. And the DRM is handle through steam, and not a disc check. But the game is installed from the disc. Only missing patches are downloaded with steam. You're not dling the whole game. So instead of 6 hrs of dling for Skyrim, becomes 30 mins plus patches. Whenever you need to install the game.