By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How can Nintendo expect to sell WiiU's when they are so damn overpriced??

Wii.u basic pack with skylanders trapteam £170
wii u premimum pack mk8 bundle £240
Ps4 3 games £350
X1 3 games plus extra controller £350

Hmmm some of them ps ans x1 deals are pretty sweet but wii u aint that bad especially when you can get one for cheaper then a 3ds

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
spurgeonryan said:
My best buy had 65 and now have 15. They are sellng.

I disagree

Platform N. America Europe Japan Global
215,466 357,396 14,609 713,315
297,676 147,213 850 515,598

94,156 54,801 25,443 187,952

Which proves his point that they are selling, thanks.

Also get a job or move to out of your 3rd world country if you can´t afford one

Moderated - Starcraft (I don't even...)

mii-gamer said:
Guitarguy said:
mii-gamer said:
I remember back in June when EB games had the $270 skylanders Wii U bundle. That shit was sold out in a matter of days. In Australia, $200 -$250 is the sweet spot in my humble opinion.

$270 with a game(hell even without) and I would have thrown my money at EB and Nintendo.

It came with Mario Kart 8 and Skylanders if i remember correctly. I was considering buying a second Wii U. It was that good.

Back in June Kmart and Target were selling the Skylanders bundle for $180 and Big W had it for $200. If you didn't pick it up back then, well you missed out big time. And Dick Smith cleared them out last year at half price as well. Retailers always have deals for the console.

Maybe Nintendo will cut the WiiU's price next year? It's definitely possible!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Is funny how WiiU is selling like shit worldwide but all people that i know having a "new gen console" have a WiiU, and I know 3 families and one more friend that are going to buy one for "Reyes Magos", the christmas present day here in Spain. I just don´t know anyone with ps4 or One, and they all say the same: Ps4 and One is for shooting, WiiU has funnier games, the pad is original and the off-tv is cool, is good for all the family (not only for the teenage boy to play CoD), you can play Wii games on it, is online free and is cheaper than the rest... But then I look here and nobody´is buying the WiiU, nobody wants the WiiU, everyone hates the gamepad, everyone thinks is overpriced, everyone complains about the hardware and no one cares about games, etc etc etc
I´m living on Matrix! And I rather be here XD
I don´t think WiiU is overpriced at all, is the most valious console in the market right now, dont´fucking care about the hardware. But since the people won´t give it a chance at this price, because seems like hardware is everything... they should cut it soon.

Around the Network
AZWification said:

definately. one last Christmas of profit then lower the price to drive sales early next year. 

Nintendo desperately needs to drop the price soon imo. 

Ruler said:
It is overpriced, nintendo needs to lower the price. If they fear losing money then they should drop the gamepad

Yeah, and make some game unplayable without buying one (ZombiU, Rayman Legends, Super Mario 3D World, Captain Toad, you know... the best games on the system). Nice plan genius. The GamePad is fine, it's a solid controller and even though i have a 32 inch Full HDTV i prefer playing Mario Kart on the GamePad. It's the third best selection to play Smash with (GC controller > Wii U Pro Controller > Gamepad). Also, it's easier to navigate the menus/browser/eShop/MiiVerse with the GamePad. So, just, no.  I don't think the Wii U will ever sell magnificently, but hey, it's already profitable, while MS never ever got profitable with the Xbox brand. Go figure.

dam4rus said:
Ruler said:
It is overpriced, nintendo needs to lower the price. If they fear losing money then they should drop the gamepad

Yeah, and make some game unplayable without buying one (ZombiU, Rayman Legends, Super Mario 3D World, Captain Toad, you know... the best games on the system). Nice plan genius. The GamePad is fine, it's a solid controller and even though i have a 32 inch Full HDTV i prefer playing Mario Kart on the GamePad. It's the third best selection to play Smash with (GC controller > Wii U Pro Controller > Gamepad). Also, it's easier to navigate the menus/browser/eShop/MiiVerse with the GamePad. So, just, no.  I don't think the Wii U will ever sell magnificently, but hey, it's already profitable, while MS never ever got profitable with the Xbox brand. Go figure.

They can update these games and the os.

Blob said:
AZWification said:

definately. one last Christmas of profit then lower the price to drive sales early next year. 

Nintendo desperately needs to drop the price soon imo. 

I think that by next year, they'd be able to cut the price without it going in the red.

Ruler said:
dam4rus said:
Ruler said:

They can update these games and the os.

There's like, how many games on the WiiU? Nintendo can't just update everything.