By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How can Nintendo expect to sell WiiU's when they are so damn overpriced??

Materia-Blade said:

it's interesting to note that wii u owners must save 150+ dollars a year when you consider free online + low power consumption.

They should cut the price soon though. I'm thinking april next year alongside splatoon. $249 for game bundles ans $199 for a gameless bundle would be great. they could keep those prices untill late 2016.

Don't forget how much they must save on not having the option to buy so many gams that are unavilable on Wii U. The best selling games of last year were not very representive of the Wii U, and i'm sure once we have final numbers for this year it will be similar.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Around the Network
veritaz said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Is funny how WiiU is selling like shit worldwide but all people that i know having a "new gen console" have a WiiU, and I know 3 families and one more friend that are going to buy one for "Reyes Magos", the christmas present day here in Spain. I just don´t know anyone with ps4 or One, and they all say the same: Ps4 and One is for shooting, WiiU has funnier games, the pad is original and the off-tv is cool, is good for all the family (not only for the teenage boy to play CoD), you can play Wii games on it, is online free and is cheaper than the rest... But then I look here and nobody´is buying the WiiU, nobody wants the WiiU, everyone hates the gamepad, everyone thinks is overpriced, everyone complains about the hardware and no one cares about games, etc etc etc
I´m living on Matrix! And I rather be here XD
I don´t think WiiU is overpriced at all, is the most valious console in the market right now, dont´fucking care about the hardware. But since the people won´t give it a chance at this price, because seems like hardware is everything... they should cut it soon.

That's funny considering Spain is one of the most one sided if not the most one sided country when it comes to PS4 domination compared to Wii U and XB1.

Yeah I know it, that´s the reason what I think I must be living on Matrix :S I swear I don´t know anyone with a ps4.

Materia-Blade said:

it's interesting to note that wii u owners must save 150+ dollars a year when you consider free online + low power consumption.

They should cut the price soon though. I'm thinking april next year alongside splatoon. $249 for game bundles ans $199 for a gameless bundle would be great. they could keep those prices untill late 2016.

Sure, if the PS4/X1 owner you're comparing too plays a game every hour of every day of the year ^^

MegaDrive08 said:
Woth buying i mean ;)

If, for the sake of simplicity, we use critical reception to compare which console has the most games "worth buying", the WiiU's library is still the smallest. No 3rd party support will do that to ya.

I agree but those are Australian prices, and Australia is a small market. I do agree that the Wii U needs an urgent $50 price cut though.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

OVERPRICED??

CHANGE YOUR PERCEPTION

UNDERVALUED!!

spurgeonryan said:
My best buy had 65 and now have 15. They are sellng.

Two walmarts near me are sold out!!

They expect you to get a second job.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

I guess the quality of its software does not depreciate as quickly as from other manufacturers?

itsFizz said:
MegaDrive08 said:
Woth buying i mean ;)

Well that is completely subjective. Imo there is not a single game worth playing on WiiU right now (I hope my opinion will change once XCX comes out).

Sorry, unless you played all the games available on the WiiU, you cant know that yourself.

Is the WiiU overpriced?  No, because people are buying it.  They believe that the games,

the ease of use, the backwards compatibility, the cost savings:

free online,

runs more green,

backwards compatibility games and accessories

all in one way or another offers value at its current price.

However, people who are fans of games from Activision, EA, Rockstar, and many other

bigger western or eastern 3rd party publishers, will not buy the WiiU at any price if 

the console does not get the majority of those publisher's mainstream titles.  That does not

make the console overpriced, it makes it not interesting.

So why should Nintendo lower the console's price if its not going to get the gamers

looking for games from those publishers?  It would be a dumb business move.

Nintendo is counting on gamers who are willing to pay for the current price will also

be willing to buy alot of their software and accessories.  In that regard Nintendo correct.

Amiibos selling well, game controllers and adapters selling well, and games are selling well.

Profit.   Just like, Movie theaters make money from selling the popcorn and drinks, than

tickets to the movies themselves.