By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Xbox One Win in USA This Year?

daredevil.shark said:
Muri desu.

Kono desu.

Gap is too ookii.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

No, PS4 will stand as the leader at the end of 2014.

Nothing is impossible, but i don't think so. PS4 has way better games releasing this year with a good chunk of em being exclusive.

PilChiu said:
No, not a chanse. Only bad things are coming for the XBONE.
If you think the temporal sales because of reduced price tag will help, hell no. 329 $ might sold some consoles but the people who wanted a 330 $ XBONE already bought one for Black Friday. And now with the 330 $ PS4 selling in some markets there is ZERO chanse for XBONE to sell even remotely close to what PS4 will sell in December. All the above is said from an XBOX360 + Forza fan, who converted to the glorious PS4 (not so glorious compared to an i7 5th gen + GF 980), rather than to the ugly & slow XBONE

You do know X1 dominates sales for December on Amazon for example?

vivster said:
daredevil.shark said:
Muri desu.

Kono desu.

Gap is too ookii.

Hai.

Around the Network
pokymon90 said:
Protendo said:
pokymon90 said:
"Will Xbox One Win in USA This Year?"
If by win you mean sell a bunch of units that make stockholders happy, then yes I think they win in the USA.

If by win you mean the beating PS4 in sales in the USA, then No, not a strong possibility.

No stockholder is going to be happy selling at a loss after being reasured that the Xbox One would be profitable from day one.  Just yesterday I read another new articles on the subject, reminding everyone that Bill Gates would support the current CEO's decision to spin-off the Xbox division.

In this case, what's good for the gamer/developer/publisher is not in the stockholders best interest.

Maybe the wording was profitable once the customer bought the system and 2 games. Most income from Xbox One sales come from the sale of the video games, correct?, and to sell Xbox One games you need to have a market for the Xbox One.  That market is increasing and the One is at around 10,000,000 units on Vg chartz which is very strong.

That's how it works from a gamers point of view.  Investors see a burning money pit with the Xbox division.  It was suppose to be profitable per unit day one.  Stock holders already wanted to spin-off the Xbox division before that.  For those of you interested just pull up and read through the financial reports.

Xbox bleeds money.

Console per unit (loss)
Research and development (loss)
Exclusive contracts (loss)
The NFL deal (loss)

Let's forget about the Minecraft deal (lol)

There is no way they are making all that back after 2 games.  As a stock holder, I want them to spin-off the Xbox division.  As soon as they do stocks will go up, and I will be a happy man.  Then if the Xbox's failings it won't have any negative effect on the main stock.  If it falls it falls on it's own, if it rises it rises on it's own, and it will no longer be bailed out because it's on it's own.  As far as stockholders see it, all of these resources could have been put to much better use.

Granted we are off topic.  Us will be close, but WW the victor will be the PS4.

Yes it may beat PS4 in NA weekly, but it's not like PS4 isn't selling here either. There's been an explosion of XB1's in my area though, and only a few PS4's bought

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

LordLichtenstein said:
BraLoD said:
Nope, not happening.
Did not last year, will not this year, not next year, never.

Last year Xbox One lost because it released a week later than PS4.

I agree, I don't think Xbox One will win this year or next year. 

Well thats one way to look at it, then again you forget that right after launch the PS4 was so supply strained that for weeks in december theer wasn't a single PS4 to be found. Also, going well into febuary this year sony were selling every single PS4 they were making almost immediately.

You must have so quickly forgotten all those out of stock threads back then.

Puppyroach said:
PilChiu said:
No, not a chanse. Only bad things are coming for the XBONE.
If you think the temporal sales because of reduced price tag will help, hell no. 329 $ might sold some consoles but the people who wanted a 330 $ XBONE already bought one for Black Friday. And now with the 330 $ PS4 selling in some markets there is ZERO chanse for XBONE to sell even remotely close to what PS4 will sell in December. All the above is said from an XBOX360 + Forza fan, who converted to the glorious PS4 (not so glorious compared to an i7 5th gen + GF 980), rather than to the ugly & slow XBONE

You do know X1 dominates sales for December on Amazon for example?

So what? Walmart has the $330  PS4 & many other shops have great PS4 deals. Also the gap is too big for XBONE to catch up. XBONE sales are already dropping down.... everyone who wanted a XBONE for $330 already bought it. It`s like a 24 hours Le Mans race , PS4 has 10 laps lead and you are telling me that XBONE will win just because XBONE was able to catch up ONE lap back because of the risky 330 $ price drop. I am a huge Forza Motorsport 5 but even I would not drop $330 on XBONE.

It was a very very desperate and stupid move from MS to put $330 price when they will get back to $400 price in January 3rd.... Not only that XBONE will not win December, it will most definately not win the year. But the horror will happen in January and February when no one buys $400 XBONE.....

And if you think I am a Sony fan... last gen i had XBOX360...