By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Xbox One Win in USA This Year?

No way. They won't even win USA next year, seeing as they have nothing big during the first 6 to 8 months of 2015, exclusive wise.

The only big shots that they have are Quantum Break & Halo 5, but they're so far away.

Around the Network

No, not a chanse. Only bad things are coming for the XBONE.
If you think the temporal sales because of reduced price tag will help, hell no. 329 $ might sold some consoles but the people who wanted a 330 $ XBONE already bought one for Black Friday. And now with the 330 $ PS4 selling in some markets there is ZERO chanse for XBONE to sell even remotely close to what PS4 will sell in December. All the above is said from an XBOX360 + Forza fan, who converted to the glorious PS4 (not so glorious compared to an i7 5th gen + GF 980), rather than to the ugly & slow XBONE

Factors don't add up for such X1 success.

November was the start of the price drop gift card 2 game deal. Deals taper of after a little time. Now there are some deal for PS4 to, that have been near around all month.

pokymon90 said:
"Will Xbox One Win in USA This Year?"
If by win you mean sell a bunch of units that make stockholders happy, then yes I think they win in the USA.

If by win you mean the beating PS4 in sales in the USA, then No, not a strong possibility.

No stockholder is going to be happy selling at a loss after being reasured that the Xbox One would be profitable from day one.  Just yesterday I read another new articles on the subject, reminding everyone that Bill Gates would support the current CEO's decision to spin-off the Xbox division.

In this case, what's good for the gamer/developer/publisher is not in the stockholders best interest.

Protendo said:
pokymon90 said:
If by win you mean sell a bunch of units that make stockholders happy, then yes I think they win in the USA.

If by win you mean the beating PS4 in sales in the USA, then No, not a strong possibility.

No stockholder is going to be happy selling at a lost after being reasured that the Xbox One would be profitable from day one.  Just yesterday I read new articles on the subject reminding everyone that Bill Gates would support the current CEO's decision to spin-off the Xbox division.

In this case, what's good for the gamer/developer/publisher, what we have now is not in the stockholders best interest.

Are there any links? I want to see them.

Around the Network
Protendo said:
pokymon90 said:

No stockholder is going to be happy selling at a loss after being reasured that the Xbox One would be profitable from day one.  Just yesterday I read another new articles on the subject, reminding everyone that Bill Gates would support the current CEO's decision to spin-off the Xbox division.

In this case, what's good for the gamer/developer/publisher is not in the stockholders best interest.

Maybe the wording was profitable once the customer bought the system and 2 games. Most income from Xbox One sales come from the sale of the video games, correct?, and to sell Xbox One games you need to have a market for the Xbox One.  That market is increasing and the One is at around 10,000,000 units on Vg chartz which is very strong.

BraLoD said:
Nope, not happening.
Did not last year, will not this year, not next year, never.

Last year Xbox One lost because it released a week later than PS4.

I agree, I don't think Xbox One will win this year or next year. 

It's possible but I rather bet ps4 holds it's lead in the usa this year.

Aeolus451 said:
It's possible but I rather bet ps4 holds it's lead in the usa this year.

Wise bet. :)

No. That gap is too big.