By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A year ago everyone hated Nintendo Management, has your opinion changed now?

Better opinion of them? More....faith...

Yes ryguy, I love them ag... 30 17.86%

yes 26 15.48%

no 61 36.31%

Iwata should give his job to da'regginator 19 11.31%

I love doge'ds! 4 2.38%

see results 27 16.07%

other post below 1 0.60%

Total:168
morenoingrato said:
No? Still sucks. The games were good this year but the company as a whole still makes shitty decisions. (Discontinue the super popular Gamecube adapters WTF )

Did they discontinue it or did retailers not order many so Nintendo didn't produce many?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

Sales are up over last year, lots of games to play with plenty more to come on the Wii U.

The 3DS has a huge library with more to come and sales are good.

I hated Iwata and others at the start of the year, but I must say that they have really turned things around.

It is hard to bring sales up when they were so far in the hole. It is not a huge boost, but still impressive!

You?

I didn't have an issue with the managment. The sales are still lacking though. 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Nintendo is doing great and will continue to do so.

http://www.whoisjesus-really.com/

Wii U + PS4 

Consoles>Mobile

zorg1000 said:

Well to be fair, we don't really know what else they have planned for Amiibo in the future, Smash Bros seems to have been a test run as a game  to make decent use of them with games like MK8/HW just having some thrown in last minute functionality for extra measure.

I think we certainly could see an Amiibo game that actually requires them like Skylanders, it would be fun to play an action/platformer with dozens of playable Nintendo characters. If Nintendo is really releasing new hardware in 2016, perhaps this could be the big launch game and if it's free to play then they could just have it predownloaded onto the device, bundle a single Amiibo (most likely Mario) figure and u need to buy others in order to unlock new characters.

I don't consider the amiibo content in Smash any more significant than what appears in other amiibo games. 2016 is far too late. Amiibo will be two years old by the time the new hardware would launch. They need to be justufying it now.

atoker said:
Nintendo is doing great and will continue to do so.

You'll learn. In due time you, too, will learn.

Around the Network

No, they still need to go. It's just a matter of time before they fuck up again.

morenoingrato said:
No? Still sucks. The games were good this year but the company as a whole still makes shitty decisions. (Discontinue the super popular Gamecube adapters WTF )

Nintendo did not discontinue the GameCube adapters.

ktay95 said:

No I still most definitely hate them and their unwillingness to use the money they aquired in the Wii/DS era to try and build as a company. Instead they sit their and push out the same few games and watch sales plummit to record lows and call it a day. Then we got the oh so innovative amiibo  -_-
If Nintendo want to make hardware they are going to have to do more than this to stay relevant.

really? because they had similar sales with the Gamecube and Nintendo 64, mediocre, yet still managed to stay in the hardware business just fine. I think what you fail to grasp is that if a company manages their money well they dont NEED to dominate. NIntendo doesn't need to do anything paritcularly special to stay in the hardware business. now if you want them to be #1, sure, they need to change. but it's sideways thinking to say that Nintendo won't last in hardware as they are; they will, if partially from so many nostalgic fans alone

They are slowly getting better.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

spemanig said:
zorg1000 said:

Well to be fair, we don't really know what else they have planned for Amiibo in the future, Smash Bros seems to have been a test run as a game  to make decent use of them with games like MK8/HW just having some thrown in last minute functionality for extra measure.

I think we certainly could see an Amiibo game that actually requires them like Skylanders, it would be fun to play an action/platformer with dozens of playable Nintendo characters. If Nintendo is really releasing new hardware in 2016, perhaps this could be the big launch game and if it's free to play then they could just have it predownloaded onto the device, bundle a single Amiibo (most likely Mario) figure and u need to buy others in order to unlock new characters.

I don't consider the amiibo content in Smash any more significant than what appears in other amiibo games. 2016 is far too late. Amiibo will be two years old by the time the new hardware would launch. They need to be justufying it now.

No, Amiibo support in Smash is clearly much better than the other games thus far. An advanced AI that helps train u is much more than character skins for Miis in MK8 and a single excluisve weapon in HW.

We don't know what Kirby, Yoshi, Captain Toad, Mario Party have in store for Amiibo. It's possible that with each release, the Amiibo support becomes more and more worthwhile.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.