By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sexism in Gaming

This shit needs to end. There are no sexy female characters in games anymore, now you have ugly woman like Fetch... Japan help us all!

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DanneSandin said:

I can easily dig up articles that says that women are NOT better at multitasking, and even that MEN are better at it. So, the issue is still not proven.

Yeeeeaaaah, I know what hunter gatherer means, and I kinda thought you said what you were saying, but just wanted to make sure. There is nothing that suggest that women are better at picking bearies and roots than men, if that's what you're insinuating?

Then please...dig. :)

These are in Swedish though:

http://www.expressen.se/halsoliv/kvinnor-inte-battre-an-man-pa-multitasking/

http://www.dn.se/nyheter/vetenskap/man-kan-gora-flera-saker-samtidigt/

Use google translate or something. But do please note that this is from two different studies from two different countries.

EDIT: Why did you aski if I'm religious?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:
generic-user-1 said:
DanneSandin said:
generic-user-1 said:
DanneSandin said:

Yes, but that doesn't effect your BORN ABILITIES. And it's not always that simple to break away from a religion where your entire neighborhood would turn their backs on you.

why should it effect your born abilities? its the other way around, your born abilities  effect your religiosity.

and if your neighbourhood is full of intolerant assholes its much easyer to change your believe.

So, what you're saying is that, the smarter you are from birth, the bigger the likelyhood that you will stop being religious? Tell that to Isaac Newton, among others. Thing is, it's not all that easy to "break up" with your religion, especially if you live in a very religios country.

you dont understand the meaning of your own writing... likelyhood!!!  i dont see the problem in newton beeing religious.

and yes, if you life in saudi arabia or the iran, you shouldnt break up fully, or they will burn you. 

i dont think we are so ot.  the feminazis(3rd wave feminism) and conservativ christians have the same moral issues and the same ihh tits...

You said (or at least I read it as such) that being smart means that you're more likely to stop being religious, and then I brough Newton in to this since he was VERY smart, but didn't stop being religious. I just don't think it's fair to say that religious people are more "genetically stupid" than others

stupid people are more likely to be religiouse.  an religouse societys are more likly to fall behind other societys.

and please all 2 of you, stop quotemining in the poo, peer-review (abstracts are fine) are the only real prove...

generic-user-1 said:
DanneSandin said:

You said (or at least I read it as such) that being smart means that you're more likely to stop being religious, and then I brough Newton in to this since he was VERY smart, but didn't stop being religious. I just don't think it's fair to say that religious people are more "genetically stupid" than others

stupid people are more likely to be religiouse.  an religouse societys are more likly to fall behind other societys.

and please all 2 of you, stop quotemining in the poo, peer-review (abstracts are fine) are the only real prove...

Bolded is pretty offencive man... Now we're not even talking about being less educated, but stupid. I'd describe the US as a preeeetty religious society, and yet, they've been world leading in many fields for the past 70 years or so.

I'm not a fan of religion, but calling religious people stupid...

It'd be funny if developers started making all female characters played by men. Like back in the day when men played female characters in plays.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
generic-user-1 said:
DanneSandin said:

Bolded is pretty offencive man... Now we're not even talking about being less educated, but stupid. I'd describe the US as a preeeetty religious society, and yet, they've been world leading in many fields for the past 70 years or so.

the usa werent so religious in the past, they prayed, but they didnt let god interfere with buisness and politics.

nowadays the usa are realy fucked, between hardcore religiouse nuts that believe the earth is 6000 years old and other hardcore christians that think taxes come straight from satan.

generic-user-1 said:
DanneSandin said:

the usa werent so religious in the past, they prayed, but they didnt let god interfere with buisness and politics.

nowadays the usa are realy fucked, between hardcore religiouse nuts that believe the earth is 6000 years old and other hardcore christians that think taxes come straight from satan.

I know USA has gotten more and more religous undertones in politics, but I don't think more and more people are becoming religous? I think more and more people are actually "coming out" as atheists/agnostics more than ever

DanneSandin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DanneSandin said:

I can easily dig up articles that says that women are NOT better at multitasking, and even that MEN are better at it. So, the issue is still not proven.

Yeeeeaaaah, I know what hunter gatherer means, and I kinda thought you said what you were saying, but just wanted to make sure. There is nothing that suggest that women are better at picking bearies and roots than men, if that's what you're insinuating?

Use google translate or something. But do please note that this is from two different studies from two different countries.

The first article was based on the second one...but didnt provide much information. The second one article is probably studies based on the regional roles of women compared to countries in the report below.

http://www.livescience.com/40740-women-better-at-multitasking.html

It tends to depend sometimes on the amount of practice with multitasking and cognitive stretching of the mind during spatial tasks. In some countries it differs. I would love to see a U.S. study.

This whole "sexism in gaming" and SJW trend is just a fad. Same sort of fad that the gluten, Kony2012, and ice bucket challenge were. Stupid uneducated people will always find things to bitch about because... who the hell really knows with them? XD It's exaggerated and gets attention because those reporting on the issue know can make revenue off those inferiors who buy into it.

Is there sexism in gaming? Absolutely. Is it is bad as many believe it is? LOLno.

A lot have pointed towards Samus from the original Metroid as a sexist symbol because shes in a bikini at the end of the game. You have to understand that due to the limitations of the hardware, it was harder to show a gender difference between male and female. You could say: "We would have known without her being in a bikini" -however, these are the words of an after-the-fact situation. Many male characters in NES era games had long hair and muscular bodies and so it could have been easily interpreted as just a long haired dude with a large chest back then. Some would say "bullshit" to this, but how many other female MCs existed in gaming then? To make the message more clear they separated the outfit into a bikini in order for the point to be clear. This also made the revelation more powerful and shocking to those unaware. People don't always look into the context of the situation in order to find an answer but instead look from modern view points. Then again, people love looking for problems where they aren't. If that's what they get hard off of, then thats their choice I suppose.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
DanneSandin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DanneSandin said:

The first article was based on the second one...but didnt provide much information. The second one article is probably studies based on the regional roles of women compared to countries in the report below.

http://www.livescience.com/40740-women-better-at-multitasking.html

It tends to depend sometimes on the amount of practice with multitasking and cognitive stretching of the mind during spatial tasks. In some countries it differs. I would love to see a U.S. study.

You still didn't answer my question why you wondered whether I was religous or not? =)