By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
DanneSandin said:
generic-user-1 said:
DanneSandin said:

Oh, by every single God out there... When I mentioned intelligence and nationality/religion I wasn't refering to the education system or anything of that sorts. I was talking about the ability to think and create that most people are born with, not how well educated they are.

so we can cut nationality, but why you wanna cut religion too? i cant decide if im german or polish, but i can decide if im a  mormone or a scientologist... and dont forget that religios education has a negative effect on childrens intelligents...

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/cogs.12138/abstract

But then we're back to education and learning. Sure, religion can impact learning and education, but it doesn't impact the existing potential of (most) a human being. Being born a muslim, or christian, or mormorn, or scientologist (?) doesn't make you STUPID, even though it might hinder your learning.

you can decide  what religions you wanna have after you turn 18(or 14, or what ever, it depends on the country).

Around the Network

God... This shit again... >_>

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

generic-user-1 said:
DanneSandin said:

But then we're back to education and learning. Sure, religion can impact learning and education, but it doesn't impact the existing potential of (most) a human being. Being born a muslim, or christian, or mormorn, or scientologist (?) doesn't make you STUPID, even though it might hinder your learning.

you can decide  what religions you wanna have after you turn 18(or 14, or what ever, it depends on the country).

Yes, but that doesn't effect your BORN ABILITIES. And it's not always that simple to break away from a religion where your entire neighborhood would turn their backs on you.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:
generic-user-1 said:
DanneSandin said:

Yes, but that doesn't effect your BORN ABILITIES. And it's not always that simple to break away from a religion where your entire neighborhood would turn their backs on you.

why should it effect your born abilities? its the other way around, your born abilities  effect your religiosity.

and if your neighbourhood is full of intolerant assholes its much easyer to change your believe.

Oh, by every single God out there... When I mentioned intelligence and nationality/religion I wasn't refering to the education system or anything of that sorts. I was talking about the ability to think and create that most people are born with, not how well educated they are.

Innate ability needs to be developed. It's a fact that family enviroment has a major impact on the IQ score of childs. And the same can be said for the artistic sensibility. Do you think that if Michelangelo was born in Nigeria he would have sculpted anything remotely close to the david? Picasso would have been capable of painting the guernica? How do you separete what's innate from what's developed? It's not possibile because every metrics used to quantify those things is heavily dependent on environmental factors.

But the point of this discussion is that male and female hare wired differently when it come to sex. Males have a stronger drive, much stronger, and they react very quickly to a visual stimulus. For the female the mechanism is more subtle. But you can't reduce this to one is more stupid than the other. There are evolutionary reasons behind this. Females have to "select" their partner more carefully because they can only have one pregnancy every X months. Instead a male usually can mate many females over a short period of time, he doesn't need to "select". Both do what they are supposed to do. For humans cutlure and self control can mitigate these natural traits but they are still there, you can't cancel them completely in the name of gender equality.

Around the Network
generic-user-1 said:
DanneSandin said:

why should it effect your born abilities? its the other way around, your born abilities  effect your religiosity.

and if your neighbourhood is full of intolerant assholes its much easyer to change your believe.

So, what you're saying is that, the smarter you are from birth, the bigger the likelyhood that you will stop being religious? Tell that to Isaac Newton, among others. Thing is, it's not all that easy to "break up" with your religion, especially if you live in a very religios country.

askel50 said:

Innate ability needs to be developed. It's a fact that family enviroment has a major impact on the IQ score of childs. And the same can be said for the artistic sensibility. Do you think that if Michelangelo was born in Nigeria he would have sculpted anything remotely close to the david? Picasso would have been capable of painting the guernica? How do you separete what's innate from what's developed? It's not possibile because every metrics used to quantify those things is heavily dependent on environmental factors.

But the point of this discussion is that male and female hare wired differently when it come to sex. Males have a stronger drive, much stronger, and they react very quickly to a visual stimulus. For the female the mechanism is more subtle. But you can't reduce this to one is more stupid than the other. There are evolutionary reasons behind this. Females have to "select" their partner more carefully because they can only have one pregnancy every X months. Instead a male usually can mate many females over a short period of time, he doesn't need to "select". Both do what they are supposed to do. For humans cutlure and self control can mitigate these natural traits but they are still there, you can't cancel them completely in the name of gender equality.

Yes, it needs to be developed, but what I'm trying to say is, that it doesn't really matter where you're born; as long as you get the right tools. If you get the proper education, it doesn't matter where you're born or what religion you adhere to

What do you base the bolded part on? And I agree that there are quite destinct differences between males and females when it comes to sex, but there's really no study that suggest that we're either monogomist or polymagists in nature. What you're suggesting is that male should spread their seed as much as possible, but truth is, there's even different kinds of males; the "seed spreaders" and the "family man". So not only is there a difference between females and males, but there's also a difference in males and males. And I wasn't the one arguing that men are more stupid than women, generic-user made that comment, which I refuted. Honestly, I fail to see where you're going with this post?

CavemanCavan said:
On the plus side, I will say they are trying better. Still I wouldn't list bayonetta who's power is to strip to hurt people a great example either.

Bayonetta doesn't hurt people: she hurts angels and demons and other supernatural entities. She rescues Luka and comes to Cereza's aid as a matter of fact, both of them humans.

CavemanCavan said:
You can be sexually empowered without being sexually exploited.

Care to elaborate?

DanneSandin said:
askel50 said:

Yes, it needs to be developed, but what I'm trying to say is, that it doesn't really matter where you're born; as long as you get the right tools. If you get the proper education, it doesn't matter where you're born or what religion you adhere to

What do you base the bolded part on? And I agree that there are quite destinct differences between males and females when it comes to sex, but there's really no study that suggest that we're either monogomist or polymagists in nature. What you're suggesting is that male should spread their seed as much as possible, but truth is, there's even different kinds of males; the "seed spreaders" and the "family man". So not only is there a difference between females and males, but there's also a difference in males and males. And I wasn't the one arguing that men are more stupid than women, generic-user made that comment, which I refuted. Honestly, I fail to see where you're going with this post?

It's really a well documented fact that males have a stronger sexual drive, that's how testosterone works. And yes they naturally tend to "spread their seed as much as possible". But we aren't just like other animals our culture and our society impacts greatly our way of life. Both men and women today seek more than sexual gratification in a relationship. Still our primal imperative stays hardwired in our brain. I don't konw who started it, but the fact that male sexuality is more direct while that of women is more sublte can't be reduced to one gender been more stupid than the other.

askel50 said:
DanneSandin said:

It's really a well documented fact that males have a stronger sexual drive, that's how testosterone works. And yes they naturally tend to "spread their seed as much as possible". But we aren't just like other animals our culture and our society impacts greatly our way of life. Both men and women today seek more than sexual gratification in a relationship. Still our primal imperative stays hardwired in our brain. I don't konw who started it, but the fact that male sexuality is more direct while that of women is more sublte can't be reduced to one gender been more stupid than the other.

While I remain skeptical about big chunks of your reply, I totally agree with the last bolded part.