By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Akihiro Hino:"2015 will be a year where we usher in a hit bigger than Yokai Watch"

TiagoCosta said:
I highly doubt they would launch the ps4 game a few months after the E3 reveal.

I wouldn't be so sure about that, a lot of japanese companies announce their games way closer to release than western companies and Level 5 is really not an exception to that, the new Yokai Watch game that just released was announced in October for example.

Around the Network

I feel like Im supposed to have something to say here but I just dont... huh.

Wow!!! If it's for the 3ds again, all dem sales

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

PSVita exclusive, calling it now :p

nintendo should pay alot to buy this guys.

Around the Network

Nobody smell Dragon Quest here ? It's the only possibility

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

DerNebel said:
TiagoCosta said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that, a lot of japanese companies announce their games way closer to release than western companies and Level 5 is really not an exception to that, the new Yokai Watch game that just released was announced in October for example.

That's the point, yokai watch was ''just'' a third version of a 3DS game.

A new game, with bigger bidget, is a bigger deal to be promoted in just 2/3 months time only.

TiagoCosta said:
DerNebel said:
TiagoCosta said:

A new game, with bigger bidget, is a bigger deal to be promoted in just 2/3 months time only.

Dragon Quest Heroes was announced in September and comes out in February and that's a pretty damn big deal in Japan. There's essentially nothing speaking against a 2015 E3 announcement of a japanese game coming out in November/December 2015 or something.

KLXVER said:
If he thinks it will be just as big as Yokai Watch, then it will probably be on the 3DS...

Eh, PS4 is and will be a bigger platform for software globally. So he might be talking about something that can be popular worldwide, because replicating Yokai Watch' success in Japan only will be very hard.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

DerNebel said:
TiagoCosta said:
DerNebel said:
TiagoCosta said:

Dragon Quest Heroes was announced in September and comes out in February and that's a pretty damn big deal in Japan. There's essentially nothing speaking against a 2015 E3 announcement of a japanese game coming out in November/December 2015 or something.

Yeah, even big Western games have been announced and released in the same year (GT6 comes quickly to mind, LBP3 is a more recent one).

The One and Only

VizionEck.com