By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's retail games are on fire!

DJEVOLVE said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
generic-user-1 said:
not realy impressiv, they sold 16m ps4s. all those people need games...

1/4 of the ps4 owners own cod, fifa, and destiny

thats not impressive

especially when your competition hasnt gotten a 3 million seller yet :P

They also have less $60 retail games to choose between.  Competition has also sold less systems, while having more $60 games to choice between. So them not hitting 3 million is more likely and if they do with the number of units sold, it would be a massive acheivement at it's current state.

ah, here comes the xbox fans to downplay ps4's unheard of success in a sony discussion

Around the Network
DJEVOLVE said:
CosmicSex said:
DJEVOLVE said:

They also have less $60 retail games to choose between.  Competition has also sold less systems, while having more $60 games to choice between. So them not hitting 3 million is more likely and if they do with the number of units sold, it would be a massive acheivement at it's current state.

But most of the million sellers were $60 retail games.  The exception I believe is TLOU.

Sony is at attach rate is 3.79 for COD AW

Xbox one is 3.28  for COD AW

However Xbox One has Halo MCC, Sunset and more $60 retail games to choose between. So you could say that the .51 less attach ratio is really just spent on other games.

Ps4 over all attach rate is 4.03

XBox One Over all attach rate is 3.99.  

So this is a virtual tie and both are keeping the exact same attach ratio. meaning they are selling the exact same amount of games.

So I think they are both selling great and booming out games, also we do not now a majority of Digital, so they must have at least a 5 game attach ratio or close to.

well if we are doing attach rates then wii u has a 4.6 attach rate

but other than that xbox one owners do have more excluisves to chose from 

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Yes it's incredibly exciting. I was looking over some old threads from 2008 and it was so discouraging seeing the state of the ps3 and its software. It is awesome watching Playstation 4 have such a great start. PS4 has a bright future. Gaming's back baby! Wooot!

Moneybags said:
Yes it's incredibly exciting. I was looking over some old threads from 2008 and it was so discouraging seeing the state of the ps3 and its software. It is awesome watching Playstation 4 have such a great start. PS4 has a bright future. Gaming's back baby! Wooot!

nah gaming would be back when nintendo has a decent selling console and sega gets back into the console buisness XD

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

OfficerRaichu15 said:
Moneybags said:

nah gaming would be back when nintendo has a decent selling console and sega gets back into the console buisness XD

Now that would be a dream! Japanese consoles ftw!

Around the Network
DJEVOLVE said:
CosmicSex said:
DJEVOLVE said:

But most of the million sellers were $60 retail games.  The exception I believe is TLOU.

However Xbox One has Halo MCC, Sunset and more $60 retail games to choose between. So you could say that the .51 less attach ratio is really just spent on other games.

So this is a virtual tie and both are keeping the exact same attach ratio. meaning they are selling the exact same amount of games.

So I think they are both selling great and booming out games, also we do not now a majority of Digital, so they must have at least a 5 game attach ratio or close to.

This. I totally agree. There was an article about the amount of money Ubisoft made off of PS4 vs Xbox One.  Of course the PS4 was higher, but when you adjust for base size, they are virtually even.  Seems people really like games no matter what they choose to play on :)

DJEVOLVE said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
DJEVOLVE said:

cod should be over 3 million by now dont you think :P

Xbox had Halo MCC, Forza and Sunset

PS4 had LBP 3 and Driveclub...

You make it seem like Xbox has 50 and PS4 has 2. Relax.

thedawghousev2 said:

ah, here comes the xbox fans to downplay ps4's unheard of success in a sony discussion

Of course. Sony will get more third party devs going exclusive with numbers like that.

generic-user-1 said:
not realy impressiv, they sold 16m ps4s. all those people need games...

Haha nice job trying to downplay.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Aeolus451 said:
thedawghousev2 said:

Of course. Sony will get more third party devs going exclusive with numbers like that.

sony has to pay less, but they can afford less so its no  big deal for m$.   i dont think we will not see so many exklusiv 3rd party games, most will come to pc too, because sony and m$ dont care about ust beeing console exclusiv.