By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's retail games are on fire!

GribbleGrunger said:
ktay95 said:
How unimpressive, I mean they have sold more consoles and have less games to choose from than MS. Now if their console was selling worse and they were releasing more games I would be impressed by PlayStation =P

Sarcasm?

Sarcasm.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
Aeolus451 said:
thedawghousev2 said:

ah, here comes the xbox fans to downplay ps4's unheard of success in a sony discussion

Of course. Sony will get more third party devs going exclusive with numbers like that.

Why? The games are selling with pretty much the same attach rate on the consoles, PS4 just has millions more consoles to sell to.

Lol, I don't think publishers care about attach rates, when a game cost the same to make on the X1 and the PS4 but sell twice as much on the PS4 that's all they see, it doesn't matter if the PS4 as twice the userbase. ÀWhen they don't have the budget to put their game on multiple consoles they'll probably choose the PS4 first because it will sell the most there.

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

chapset said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Aeolus451 said:

Of course. Sony will get more third party devs going exclusive with numbers like that.

Why? The games are selling with pretty much the same attach rate on the consoles, PS4 just has millions more consoles to sell to.

Lol, I don't think publishers care about attach rates, when a game cost the same to make on the X1 and the PS4 but sell twice as much on the PS4 that's all they see, it doesn't matter if the PS4 as twice the userbase. ÀWhen they don't have the budget to put their game on multiple consoles they'll probably choose the PS4 first because it will sell the most there.

Pretty much this X100.

BraLoD said:

Bigger attach rates are harder to achieve once totals get higher.
The fact that the PS4 is keeping the attach rate of the XBO with a so higher total number, it's actually very impressive.

Attach rates only go up as the number of consoles sold get higher. I mean, if you average them out all 3 consoles of last gen had double digit attach rates. PS4 and Xbone rates are only going to go up. And as both consoles sell more, PS4 will always have a software advantage WW, but if the attach rates remain even close let alone the same, it will be too big a piece of the pie for 3rd party companies to decide to just make their games PS4 exclusive.

Outside of what we have already had for years, like the occasional moneyhat or Japanese centric games that wouldn't come to Xbox regardless. Anyway just thought that comment was strange, don't want to seem as if I am raining on the parade or derailing. Bye.

ktay95 said:
GribbleGrunger said:
ktay95 said:
How unimpressive, I mean they have sold more consoles and have less games to choose from than MS. Now if their console was selling worse and they were releasing more games I would be impressed by PlayStation =P

Sarcasm?

Sarcasm.

You were serious? You do know how wrong you are don't you? 64 more games isn't less.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

attach rate goes up with time not the amount of console sold, the PS4 could stop selling right now and its attach rate would still go up as the games keep coming. you need time to build your library. OT: yay!!!! Sony

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

LudicrousSpeed:

Attach rates only go up as the number of consoles sold get higher. 

So I don't think you understand attach rates. Each console sold without any games will bring the attach rate down, not up. For example if the PS4 has sold 10 consoles and each console had one game sold alongside it the attach rate would be 1:1. If those same owners each bought one more game the attach rate per console would go up, to 2:1. 

However if out of those 10 owners only 9 of them bought a game, the ratio would be 1:0.9 

Each console sold brings the attach rate down, its up to the owners and their software purchasing habits to boost the attach rate up

riderz13371 said:
DJEVOLVE said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
DJEVOLVE said:

They also have less $60 retail games to choose between.  Competition has also sold less systems, while having more $60 games to choice between. So them not hitting 3 million is more likely and if they do with the number of units sold, it would be a massive acheivement at it's current state.

cod should be over 3 million by now dont you think :P

Sony is at attach rate is 3.79 for COD AW

Xbox one is 3.28  for COD AW

However Xbox One has Halo MCC, Sunset and more $60 retail games to choose between. So you could say that the .51 less attach ratio is really just spent on other games.

Ps4 over all attach rate is 4.03

XBox One Over all attach rate is 3.99.  

So this is a virtual tie and both are keeping the exact same attach ratio. meaning they are selling the exact same amount of games.

Xbox had Halo MCC, Forza and Sunset

PS4 had LBP 3 and Driveclub...

You make it seem like Xbox has 50 and PS4 has 2. Relax.

Driveclub has sold more than Sunset and Forza 2'Combined, that alone should say something.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

LudicrousSpeed said:
Aeolus451 said:
thedawghousev2 said:

ah, here comes the xbox fans to downplay ps4's unheard of success in a sony discussion

The bold part is my reply to your why question. :D

An accomplishment nothing short of impressive ...