By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U undertracked week ending Dec. 6th?

Are these numbers real?

LOL, yeah 25 52.08%

Nope, undertrack 23 47.92%

Total:48

wii u would be around 220k if japan was around same numbers as last year

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network
manuel said:
Impossible.
Wii U, as a Nintendo console, is by default overtracked. Always and every time.

Actually it's true that Nintendo consoles(and handhelds) seem to be the most overtracked here time and time again.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

well it was overtracked in the US last week. After adjustments, this week looks very reasonable.

vkaraujo said:
Nintendo holding the price tag a year after and without any meaningful bundles, much more competition.

This especially. I was expecting to see Smash+Mario Kart+ Nintendo Land for 299 or less. There are still plenty of Nintendo fans waiting for the right time to upgrade and Ninetendo's pricing stategy hasn't been that enticing to be honest. At the end of the day you're paying for a secondary console, but its priced like a primary one.

It has much more competition since the PS4 and Xone've nice deals and an established library and most importantly a bright future. The Wii U simply cannot do better than this, since Nintendo is failing to read the market. Next year with the Zelda hype the numbers won't be much higher.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

Christmas is a great time for Nintendo numbers historically as their typical user is younger than the other consoles and they are more likely to be bought as presents. The wii u numbers will dip more strongly in the new year. In Europe the ps3 sells very similar numbers to wii u even now.

Yes the wii u has a few desirable games but its also a very undesirable console with weak performance and a poor controller. People expect to have access to a wide range of quality software when they buy a console but the wii u doesn't have that.

I don't know what to buy for my wii u next. I'm not into smash brothers or bayonetta. The next title I'm sure I'll want is Zelda but I don't know what else. Maybe 'X' but I lose interest in Xenoblade chronicles pretty quickly. No major third party games and of those already released most are better on 360 or ps3 which I already have. I'm looking to buy Rayman Legends on wii u but I already have it on pc and ps3 so I'm only after a cheap copy. Same issue with COD ghosts. Project Cars maybe but I might have a ps4 or xbone by the time that comes out. It's slim pickens.