By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Legend of Korra Finale

SubiyaCryolite said:
The action and set pieces were "meh", but the character interactions and emotions were good. My favorite part was Kuvira running out of Korras arms >_>

The action and set pieces were "meh"?

Kuvira blowing up an entire cityscape with the sweeping cannon?

Bolin pushing a building on top of the colossus?

Mako exploding a reactor core?

Korra blocking a spirit beam and basically causing an enormous explosion?

Every airbender pushing together to try and knock the colossus over?

The fight between Korra and Kuvira in the head?

What, exactly, would you consider an exciting action sequence?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
OfficerRaichu15 said:
OttoniBastos said:
Wait is Korra lesbian? wasn't she into a dude in the show?

well us korra fans were hoping for a korra sami relationship and the how teased it sort of

shes gay and straight pretty much

Neither of you are familiar with the concept of bisexuality?

Both Korra and Asami were pretty heavily romantically into Mako, so I assume they're both bi.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
I can't believe what I'm reading in this thread.

That season was, by far, the best Korra has ever been. The finale was pretty much flawless. Season 3 was brilliant, but this was even better.

My thoughts exactly. I found the finale absolutely perfect and I don't use that word lightly.

Kantor said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
OttoniBastos said:
Wait is Korra lesbian? wasn't she into a dude in the show?

well us korra fans were hoping for a korra sami relationship and the how teased it sort of

shes gay and straight pretty much

Neither of you are familiar with the concept of bisexuality?

Both Korra and Asami were pretty heavily romantically into Mako, so I assume they're both bi.

yeah I know :(

and I forgot the word so thats why I just put straigt and gay :P

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Let's not forget about Varrick and Zhu Li finally doing the thing

Around the Network

found it pretty meh wasn't as awesome as book 2 of aamg or as satisfying as book 3 fire , evenb season 3 of korra finale was much better
i think the korrasami thing has people tripping , i feel it was a bit ambigous

Emperorbach said:
found it pretty meh wasn't as awesome as book 2 of aamg or as satisfying as book 3 fire , evenb season 3 of korra finale was much better
i think the korrasami thing has people tripping , i feel it was a bit ambigous

Mike DiMartino posted a link to a Vanity Fair article about the ending to facebook.

The only ambiguity is what Nick's censors won't allow.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
1) It resolved the issue of Kuvira not being a credible threat in several degrees, both in terms of just how unstoppable the weapon was, and in how good of a fight she put up at the end.

2) Did anyone think there were deliberate homages to Shingeki No Kyojin? A few of the rooftop running scenes gave me distinct flashbacks, while "aim for the back of the neck" could easily have been a coincidence.

3) Meelo crosses the usefulness threshold, just as Ikki did earlier this season. Nobody gets left out!

4) Prince Wu goes an interesting direction, though in terms of how it would work in real-world politics, it would take a generation to set up a working republic. He'd likely be king for a good 20 years or so, just before institutions were established.

5) Odd that Bataar Jr seems to be forgiven more easily than Kuvira. Blood thicker than water?

6) The spirits, however, seem to get away with it. Like showing up after its all over is enough of a gesture? If they had repaired the city, or something, that would be one thing. Spirits be spirits, i guess.

7) I was *so* waiting for Varrick to subvert expectations when he proposed, like a promotion to "official assistant" or something. Or for him to faux-subvert expectations just to yank Zhu Li's chain a little.

8) CANON, BITCHES. KORRASAMI WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO- OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

1) Yes.

2) They had to be deliberate. I had to stop the video, give the studio a golf clap, rewind and watch again. I love it when one work gives a good nod to a great work while staying within its own show. Also, am I the only person who says "Attack on Titan"? Like, damn, it's the official English name. I read and watch it in English, why should I not call it by the English name?

3) That, and Bolin finally grows up beyond being 1/3rd of Sokka's personality (the humor) and makes himself useful more than once per season. And Bumi was thankfully toned down and left out of most of it.

4) I got the impression that he realized it wasn't going to happen overnight. I knew he was going to do some growing up since they didn't dump his character after Kuvira's hostile takeover.

5) Given how rushed the series is, it makes sense, especially with his loving family involved. You knew mommy was going to be there to pick her little man back up.

6) Yeah, I was pissed at the spirits. Way to be complete pussies and come back once the gettin' is good. Korra should have banished those useless, freeloading a-holes back to the spirit world for good.

7) Nah, I'm glad it happened. I would have liked to hear more of Varrick's story of his childhood before they got interrupted, because that was one of his few sane moments. I keep wondering how much older he is than her, though.

8) COME TO ME, KORRASAMI RULE 34!!!

Kantor said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
The action and set pieces were "meh", but the character interactions and emotions were good. My favorite part was Kuvira running out of Korras arms >_>

The action and set pieces were "meh"?

Kuvira blowing up an entire cityscape with the sweeping cannon?

Bolin pushing a building on top of the colossus?

Mako exploding a reactor core?

Korra blocking a spirit beam and basically causing an enormous explosion?

Every airbender pushing together to try and knock the colossus over?

The fight between Korra and Kuvira in the head?

What, exactly, would you consider an exciting action sequence?

Korras fight with Unalak was much better, so was her first fight with Kuvira.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

I felt that all the problems that the series had permeated till the end. The way that korra is useless till the last second. The way that they work all the season to stop the plans of the bad guy, but in the end they do exactly what the bad guy was trying to do (open the portal, stop a idiot of ruling the kingdom). Rushing the coolest things out, like the relationship between varrick and zhu li.

The creators probably just did the korrasami thing to cover how bad the end really was, not that many people have any interest beyond rule 34 on this, anyway.

The day of colossus got everything right tough, cool giant fights, sacrifices, and varrick!

Better than season 2, but on pair with the 1. Season 3 was better, but in general TLA was just better in every way.

And i still don't know what the hell happened with zuko's mon!

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko