By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: WiiU to hit 10m sold after E3 2015

WiiU to hit 10m sold after E3 2015

Before E3 119 60.71%

During E3 15 7.65%

After E3 62 31.63%

Total:196
Seece said:

So it looks like WiiU is on track to hit 9m (with a bit of luck it could do a little higher) by 2015. I looked at how long it took WiiU to sell 1m from Jan 4th~ this year, and it takes me to June 14th.

Sorry but 9m at the end of the year is not very likely. Wii-U is overtracked here at VGC, it was overtracked in November by 100k in the U.S. alone. And with the insane competition between PS4 and XBOne it seems Wii-U might actually sell worse this holiday than it did last year.

Around the Network

I was about to curse you and call fanboy trollism, but then I saw the numbers. Terrible. To think a lot of people said Nintendo was low balling the shipments to impress. Terrible. And one more terrible to finish.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

A little after the E3.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

If Smash had been bundled it could have hit 10m by January

This is pretty depressing...

Around the Network

Without price cut, it will reach 10M only in August ( i dont think Xenoblade will push consoles, and Zelda will certainly not release this year so what's left ?)

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Yeah, considering NPD data and reports from Europe, it is probably overtracked by around 250k.

It should sell a million more by the end of they year, so aroud 8.8 million by January 1, 2015.

Sales will probably be significantly down YoY for H1 without a system seller like Mario Kart. 25k/week is realistic. That is 650k in first half of the year and 9.45 million in totals by end of June.

It will probably reach 10 million around November 2015.

its worth pointing out that many nintendo fans, didnt even believe nintendos forcast and claimed the wiiu would easily clear 10 million this year, even 12 million.

well it looks like nintendo didnt low ball its estimates, and actually again overestimated (as they do every year it seems).
it appears the wiiu wont even sell 9 million by the end of the year, let alone 10.

and it looks like it doesnt have a chance to even come close to matching the gamecubes sales. ive been saying all along it would beat it, but its going to sell significantly less than what i even thought, less than 15 million is a real likely possiblility.
it wont come close to the pipe dream that many nintendo fans still hold on to of 30-50million (which was a laughable estimate 12 months ago, and just crazy now that many still hold on to that estimate)

AnthonyW86 said:
Seece said:

So it looks like WiiU is on track to hit 9m (with a bit of luck it could do a little higher) by 2015. I looked at how long it took WiiU to sell 1m from Jan 4th~ this year, and it takes me to June 14th.

Sorry but 9m at the end of the year is not very likely. Wii-U is overtracked here at VGC, it was overtracked in November by 100k in the U.S. alone. And with the insane competition between PS4 and XBOne it seems Wii-U might actually sell worse this holiday than it did last year.

Didn't it already get adjusted down?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Aerys said:
Without price cut, it will reach 10M only in August ( i dont think Xenoblade will push consoles, and Zelda will certainly not release this year so what's left ?)

Splatoon and Mario Maker... both will release on the first half of 2015, and, considering the fact that these games were made with the gamepad concept in mind, they could be bundled with the Wii U.

I'm not saying they are going to save the Wii U or anything like that, but I believe Splatoon and Mario Maker will become million sellers.