By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is bragging about their high quality games :P

padib said:
naruball said:
Good to see Ninty having many games that score so high, but terrible to see the word "fact" getting butchered mercilessly as usual.

Facts:
WiiU has sold less than 10m units/Wii has sold more than 100m units
Zelda games have sold over x million units.
Bayonetta 2 and Mario Kart 8 have received x number of GOTY awards so far
Mario Kart 8 has x metacritic score.

Opinions:
Ninty has the best exclusives
Smash is the best fighter of the year (highest rated yes, best? debatable)

What Ninty stated was facts. What some users are stating as facts, are opinions. A high score is not absolute evidence that x game is better than x game. Quality is debatable. A score is a number and thus a fact. Whether a game deserves that score is up to the individual to decide. Conversely, he can't decide that x game didn't get over 85 meta.

That's your opinion.

He has a great point.

Around the Network
ExplodingBlock said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Even Microsoft admitted that Nintendo makes the best first party games.

When did they say that?

Phil Spencer has stated in the past good things about his competitors. Hes stated that Nintendo has the best first party in the business and that hes a fan of Uncharted when it comes to Sony. Its wise of MS to have a guy at the head of the company who is actually a of both of his competitors products. It makes him well rounded and a much greater threat than his competition once percieved him to be.

No problem with the advertisement. I just hope this squashes any notion that reviewers are biased against Nintendo games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

naruball said:
Good to see Ninty having many games that score so high, but terrible to see the word "fact" getting butchered mercilessly as usual.

Facts:
WiiU has sold less than 10m units/Wii has sold more than 100m units
Zelda games have sold over x million units.
Bayonetta 2 and Mario Kart 8 have received x number of GOTY awards so far
Mario Kart 8 has x metacritic score.

Opinions:
Ninty has the best exclusives
Smash is the best fighter of the year (highest rated yes, best? debatable)

What Ninty stated was facts. What some users are stating as facts, are opinions. A high score is not absolute evidence that x game is better than x game. Quality is debatable. A score is a number and thus a fact. Whether a game deserves that score is up to the individual to decide. Conversely, he can't decide that x game didn't get over 85 meta.

Critics globally have scored Nintendo games as the best exclusives games of the generation by far, and that my friend, that is a FACT.

Well of course they have a lot of high quality games. After all, they've earned my support and I only support the great. V_V

Around the Network
bubblegamer said:
mysteryman said:
bubblegamer said:

Where did these "facts" go during the Wii times?

They talked about sales then.

Why did they stop doing that? Like i said moving goals is popular these days..

They seem to use the goalposts of their competitors in the previous gen.

I can't with ya'll... "the official meta score thread for x game", "goty nominees? This their meta scores", meta this.. Meta that... Metacritic score reflects everything about a game. But since we're talking about Nintendo, it's "low", "it doesn't count", "meta scores don't mean anything"... Come on.

Love how they have "and a User Score of 8.5 or better". It makes all the difference.  The XB1 apparently has no games with User Score of 8.5 or better.  I think that's more an indication of PS4 & XB1 fans down rating eachother's games.

My 8th gen collection

padib said:
bubblegamer said:

He has a great point.

So does Nintendo.

In your opinion.

so when studios on Sony and Microsoft console PLASTERED their covers with scores and quotes from review sites it;s all good. But one little ad by Nintendo sends the internet into a meltdown?