By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4, Almost 20 Million Sold! Best Year Ever?

DonFerrari said:
gulli said:
DonFerrari said:
gulli said:

What will I get if I am right with my "jokes"? :)

I already know what I wouldnt get from you, you just made that clear. :)

My first prediction has been proven right already today. 700k the week after Black Friday.

Since you are new here I'll help you out. 30% drop for the week after BF was expected, them it will raise inútil christma week and the week after a drop and january a sharp drop. So the only week with a small possibility of under 700k is that. If you said 700-1M then it would be a good number even if christmas week is expected to be over it. Another thing to take in question is that ps4 have been undertracked almost everytime and every week.

But if ps4 sells all weeks of December 2014 under 700k you Will get my respect don't worry.

To bad you already lost your first week because it is over 700k. Even if by 13k that is already out of the bounderies you set. 

What makes you so sure I am new here? Maybe I am a long time lurker?

Since I am only doing 100k steps and 500k respectively, I am still right unless it reaches 50k over my prediction or 250k respectively, but thanks for showing me where you come from. If it is 18.53k or even 18.7 in January I was prolly completely wrong for you. :)

When you give an interval without tolerances them I can't give you the owww it is still roundable to 700k... If I said WiiU were going to sell let's say 200k but it sold 160k or 240k would that mean basically the same because other options would be 100 or 300k??? Nope.

What make me think that? Low post count, coming to downplay sony sales, assumption that PS4 won't have any week over 700k WW during december even if the week after BF was already over it... or you are new, or you are an alt or you are bad at predicting.

Don't really understand how discussing sales/estimations/preditctions on a sales forum is downplaying anything. I don't think there is a single person who can downplay PS4 sales... But I guess we're not allowed to make preditctions unless they are pro Sony?

If the PS4 reaches 20 million sales by January great! Seeing as I've owned every Playstation console so far except the PS4 I have no reason to be happy for them. And maybe I'll be one of the millions this month who contributes to this goal by picking up a PS4 of my own :P Waiting on that stupid late check of mine =/

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
gulli said:
DonFerrari said:
gulli said:

Since I am only doing 100k steps and 500k respectively, I am still right unless it reaches 50k over my prediction or 250k respectively, but thanks for showing me where you come from. If it is 18.53k or even 18.7 in January I was prolly completely wrong for you. :)

When you give an interval without tolerances them I can't give you the owww it is still roundable to 700k... If I said WiiU were going to sell let's say 200k but it sold 160k or 240k would that mean basically the same because other options would be 100 or 300k??? Nope.

What make me think that? Low post count, coming to downplay sony sales, assumption that PS4 won't have any week over 700k WW during december even if the week after BF was already over it... or you are new, or you are an alt or you are bad at predicting.

This is a guessing game. Even VGC is just guessing. Do I as a "newbie" have to explain you "professional" this site? Do you really think those 713,315 are an exact number? Do you expect me to say 348,345 to 735,423 max per week? 17,934,722  to 18,563,291 at the end of 2014?

Seriously... lol...

Yeah well, now you have the tolerances, and those weekly sales really dont matter anyway. This thread is about it reaching 20 million, which I doubt and said 18 to 18.5 million instead, and I would still be basically right if it stayed below 20 million, but of course I wouldnt be an ass if it was like 19,796,326, because that difference could be tolerances.

We will see.

Nope, there is a difference between guess and estimative... even RoW numbers are what we would call guestimate based on some algorithms ioi pulled (they are quite of, but have a method)... I now exactly what those numbers represent, and already discussed with ioi why not put round numbers, but he explained that statisticaly he must put the exact number of his estimative to give the confidence interval. What you did wasn't that, you gave a round number and now want to say it was supposed to accept as much as 50k over 700 or under 400k to be inside your expectation when you didn't put that before.

You were the one that brought the 400-700 which was more torwards downplaying sales than anything else... you still haven't explained how it will sell under 700k everyweek if even on the week after NPD (which will probably be the lower week, perhaps only bigger than the week ending on January 3rd), so your point is still open.

And if you estimate 18-18.5M and it end up selling 19.7M how would you say you were right when you were more of the mark then people expecting 20M?? That is kind crazy.

And you also didn't answer to the undertracking going on PS4 for basically the begining of the year.... if you are indeed a long time lurker what were more or less the PS4 numbers on VGC during the milestones announcements?? You don't need to even give exact number, just give us an "estimative" of how off they were each time.

I would still be right because I said it would be under 20 million while almost everybody here says it will be at least 20 million. Not on my estimation auf 18 to 18.5 though of course. WTF are you thinking? I made several statements, the most prominent one that I think its not going to be 20 million, but less and you ignoring some of them like you feel?
And I didnt even say I would be right when its 19.7. Read again! You would say I was wrong when it would be 18.53, while I wouldnt say I was right (concerning the less than 20 million statement) when it would be 19.7! You looking at it like that is laughable with VGC numbers.

A couple of hundred thousands a month sometimes. I dont keep track of it that exactly. But thats nothing unusual for VGC, because they are GUESSING (same thing for me as estimating). That hasnt only happened to the PS4 in VGC history. Why the fuck do you think I am using such high tolerances???

I explained my low numbers in my first post. In any case that week estimate isnt even one of my main points, I just said that as a very rough measure. The less than 20 million and 18 to 18.5 million are.
I will be sure to write a fucking novel next time I know youre around, so you dont find any loopholes you can use for your side of the story. But I guess that wont be enough, since youre not shy putting words in my mouth either.

You know whats awesome? PS4 fanboys think I am wrong because I take too low numbers while Xbone fanboys think my numbers are too high (and think that VGC is crap anyway because its Sony biased). :)

Let's keep it civil, everyone.

And please keep quote trees to three per post.

DexInDaJungle said:
DonFerrari said:
gulli said:

Don't really understand how discussing sales/estimations/preditctions on a sales forum is downplaying anything. I don't think there is a single person who can downplay PS4 sales... But I guess we're not allowed to make preditctions unless they are pro Sony?

If the PS4 reaches 20 million sales by January great! Seeing as I've owned every Playstation console so far except the PS4 I have no reason to be happy for them. And maybe I'll be one of the millions this month who contributes to this goal by picking up a PS4 of my own :P Waiting on that stupid late check of mine =/

Discussing/estimating/predicting isn't downplaying... expecting the console to not sell above 700k in any week in December when it already had in the worst week is downplaying... Thinking it will be 19-19.5M wouldn't be downplay.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Breaking the quote tree to avoid moderation.

In my opinion he can make any prediction he wants, if he's wrong you'll be the one to get the last laugh so who cares? I don't think we should be getting into serious arguments over mere predictions but what do I know.

Around the Network
gulli said:
DonFerrari said:
gulli said:

This is a guessing game. Even VGC is just guessing. Do I as a "newbie" have to explain you "professional" this site? Do you really think those 713,315 are an exact number? Do you expect me to say 348,345 to 735,423 max per week? 17,934,722  to 18,563,291 at the end of 2014?

Seriously... lol...

Yeah well, now you have the tolerances, and those weekly sales really dont matter anyway. This thread is about it reaching 20 million, which I doubt and said 18 to 18.5 million instead, and I would still be basically right if it stayed below 20 million, but of course I wouldnt be an ass if it was like 19,796,326, because that difference could be tolerances.

We will see.

Nope, there is a difference between guess and estimative... even RoW numbers are what we would call guestimate based on some algorithms ioi pulled (they are quite of, but have a method)... I now exactly what those numbers represent, and already discussed with ioi why not put round numbers, but he explained that statisticaly he must put the exact number of his estimative to give the confidence interval. What you did wasn't that, you gave a round number and now want to say it was supposed to accept as much as 50k over 700 or under 400k to be inside your expectation when you didn't put that before.

You were the one that brought the 400-700 which was more torwards downplaying sales than anything else... you still haven't explained how it will sell under 700k everyweek if even on the week after NPD (which will probably be the lower week, perhaps only bigger than the week ending on January 3rd), so your point is still open.

And if you estimate 18-18.5M and it end up selling 19.7M how would you say you were right when you were more of the mark then people expecting 20M?? That is kind crazy.

And you also didn't answer to the undertracking going on PS4 for basically the begining of the year.... if you are indeed a long time lurker what were more or less the PS4 numbers on VGC during the milestones announcements?? You don't need to even give exact number, just give us an "estimative" of how off they were each time.

I would still be right because I said it would be under 20 million while almost everybody here says it will be at least 20 million. Not on my estimation auf 18 to 18.5 though of course. WTF are you thinking? I made several statements, the most prominent one that I think its not going to be 20 million, but less and you ignoring some of them like you feel?
And I didnt even say I would be right when its 19.7. Read again! You would say I was wrong when it would be 18.53, while I wouldnt say I was right (concerning the less than 20 million statement) when it would be 19.7! You looking at it like that is laughable with VGC numbers.

A couple of hundred thousands a month sometimes. I dont keep track of it that exactly. But thats nothing unusual for VGC, because they are GUESSING (same thing for me as estimating). That hasnt only happened to the PS4 in VGC history. Why the fuck do you think I am using such high tolerances???

I explained my low numbers in my first post. In any case that week estimate isnt even one of my main points, I just said that as a very rough measure. The less than 20 million and 18 to 18.5 million are.
I will be sure to write a fucking novel next time I know youre around, so you dont find any loopholes you can use for your side of the story. But I guess that wont be enough, since youre not shy putting words in my mouth either.

You know whats awesome? PS4 fanboys think I am wrong because I take too low numbers while Xbone fanboys think my numbers are too high (and think that VGC is crap anyway because its Sony biased). :)

So you want to throw a lot of predictions and see what sticks and them say you were right? I meet users like that in here... your choice. But even if you say under 20M and 18-18.5M as two guesses you can either be correct in both, none or just one of them, so if you make several claims you will be held for each separatedely. And if PS4 sold 18.53 (you saying 18-18.5 and me saying 20M) you would be right of course... But when you have a humungous range of 400-700k and the number you say prove you right is already out of it on the upper side I don't think we can say you were right, we can at most say you weren't wrong.

PS4 was almost 1M undertracked in like 3month spam, and have been undertracked almost all weeks... so 713k already being out of your range and possibly undertracked would make it even more probable it was outside of it.

You don't need cursing, nor a novel, just to be precise. And if your point wasn't 400-700k why put it out? And when showed why it was wrong and still hold to it I have reasons to believe you want it to happen.

What is awesome is you saying you are a long time lurker, but don't know the rules on the forum. Even better is expecting a range lower than maybe any of the weeks PS4 will achieve perhaps week of January 3rd.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

LordLichtenstein said:
Just to be clear, January 3rd will be included in 2014 stats right?

It kinda has to be as the figures are delivered on a weekly interval.  Therefore I think the sales for this year started after the 1st of January anyway. 

DexInDaJungle said:
Breaking the quote tree to avoid moderation.

In my opinion he can make any prediction he wants, if he's wrong you'll be the one to get the last laugh so who cares? I don't think we should be getting into serious arguments over mere predictions but what do I know.

Don't need to make fresh post... just keep under 3 on the tree and you will be fine.

Sure anyone can make any predictions anyone wants... if it is completely irreal certainly someone will call the person for it. And we always have serious arguments in here....

If he done a prediction thread of his prediction you can be sure it would be necrobumped right or wrong from someone that want to make he fells idiot or very good at it. You know which fanbase would choose each situation. We have several gloating necrobumps in here.... and we also have some guys that make several threads and them if any of them is right he will say he is good at predicting because of it.

Opps

Damn cell phones...