By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4, Almost 20 Million Sold! Best Year Ever?

No, but nice conspiracy theory you got there. Its actually just that I dont waste my time replying to egomaniac posts. I follow Carlins and Twains logic there.
I will reply when my point is proven or disproven, which has happened now and will be once the Jan 3rd numbers are here. I expect you to jump my throat if the numbers are just slightly over my prediction and I dont expect you to show up again with an apology if I was right. You will find an excuse in any case.

You have already been proven completely wrong about PS4 being undertracked (it was actually overtracked), yet its prolly much more important to you that I have been "wrong" about my 700k max per week (yet not really, since I said +/- 50k). And 20 million will also not happen anymore.
See you in a week. Or not.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Around the Network

When PS4 will be at $299, it will probably crush any single record !

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

DonFerrari said:
2008ProchargedGT said:
DonFerrari said:

It seems your tolerance margin didn't cover your number even when so big. On first week 750k+ (I told you about adjustments) and second week over 780k (before adjustments), besides that the numbers will be adjusted again in february or whenever sony gives more numbers. When in the third week it goes over 800k and in xmas it cross 1M what will you say? 20M not crossed? But when adjustments put it over 20M will you give another excuse saying if it isn't 21M then you weren't wrong since for you that isn't over 20M? 

I think you scared him away 0.0

I doubt, probably one of several alts. When spinning and downplaying in the thread proves impossible he will probably want for the next occasion he can do the same until called out. Rinse and repeat.

All my predictions were pretty much spot on and now you seem to be the one who is scared away. After seeing your signature, I guess I should have made a bet with you, too. :)

Now we will see if I also predicted your behavior perfectly. So far I have been spot on there aswell.

So here it is for everyone to see how "honest" you really are.

gulli said:
DonFerrari said:
2008ProchargedGT said:
DonFerrari said:

It seems your tolerance margin didn't cover your number even when so big. On first week 750k+ (I told you about adjustments) and second week over 780k (before adjustments), besides that the numbers will be adjusted again in february or whenever sony gives more numbers. When in the third week it goes over 800k and in xmas it cross 1M what will you say? 20M not crossed? But when adjustments put it over 20M will you give another excuse saying if it isn't 21M then you weren't wrong since for you that isn't over 20M? 

I think you scared him away 0.0

I doubt, probably one of several alts. When spinning and downplaying in the thread proves impossible he will probably want for the next occasion he can do the same until called out. Rinse and repeat.

All my predictions were pretty much spot on and now you seem to be the one who is scared away. After seeing your signature, I guess I should have made a bet with you, too. :)

Now we will see if I also predicted your behavior perfectly. So far I have been spot on there aswell.

So here it is for everyone to see how "honest" you really are.

Yep I overestimated ps4 total sales based on vgc trend. Have you seen they were undertracking at all previous reports or PR?

Also how can you put a 400-700 range and ask for further tolerance?

Would be similar às if I said ps4 would sell 8-15M more or less 500k. And in fact ps4 were more consistentily of your range than on it (only being confortably on it on january 3rd week).

Matter of fact if you look at the original prediction thread you'll see I predicted 18.5M as maximun (done in january-march 2014 time). But with numbers that were bigger than expected since 10M announcement I upped my prediction to 20M with trend of holiday equal rest of year as base. That was quite off, but much better embased than yours 400-700k prediction that you stretched to not accept being wrong.

Besides that your posture on the last 2 posts are mod enforceable.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."