< 30: I grew up with B... 17 5.63%

30 FPS: Any higher looks... 53 17.55%

45 FPS: I like a good balance :) 32 10.60%

60 FPS: Any lower is VERY noticable to me! 168 55.63%

90+ FPS: Because im a robot bish. 32 10.60%

Total:302
green_sky said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
I think the reason why this theory hasn't been brought up is cause it sounds like nonsense

QFE. Could be good fan fiction science.

I can picture it now:

"The Land of the Deaf - A dystopic society where social programs are abolished to invest in computer scince for the population's desperate need for more performance and frames"

Call me, Spielberg.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I have huge ears and 30/10 vision, so daddy needs his 60FPS.

vivster said:
green_sky said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
I think the reason why this theory hasn't been brought up is cause it sounds like nonsense

QFE. Could be good fan fiction science.

I can picture it now:

"The Land of the Deaf - A dystopic society where social programs are abolished to invest in computer scince for the population's desperate need for more performance and frames"

Call me, Spielberg.

I'll see it, so long as it insults North Korea or stars fat Haley Joel Osment.

I have probably the best hearing out of anybody I know. I can't tell the difference between 60 or 30, but I can tell the difference between below 30 and locked at 30.

I have very bad hearing and I don't have a preference. Personally, I think some games @ 60 look too glassy. Depends on the game though. My bad hearing isn't from birth though, it's because I go to too many punk shows.

Around the Network

I only care about 60 because of controller response time. Not the actual appearance I see. When a game goes in 30, I have a harder time responding to what I have to attack on screen. And I have very good hearing. So that's all junk.

30 and 60 FPS are both cool!

Interesting.
I think it is easy to test.
take a youtube video, see it 4 times.
one at 30 FPS with nomal audio,
other at 60 FPS with nomal audio,
other at 30 FPS and no audio,
and other at 60 FPS and no nomal audio.
Then give a grade (0 to 10) to the feeling for each video.

If everyone that posted here make this experience and post here, we can measure empirically this theory.

jonathanalis said:
Interesting.
I think it is easy to test.
take a youtube video, see it 4 times.
one at 30 FPS with nomal audio,
other at 60 FPS with nomal audio,
other at 30 FPS and no audio,
and other at 60 FPS and no nomal audio.
Then give a grade (0 to 10) to the feeling for each video.

If everyone that posted here make this experience and post here, we can measure empirically this theory.

I say just play Transformers War For Cybertron on PC. The game is normally stuck at 30. Then use the fps unlocker to get it to 60. That shows a clear difference between the two.

Where is the I dont notice the difference between locked frame rates option? I have Dark Souls on my PC and they just updated it and nixed the 60 fps and I have to play at 30, no difference to me.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling