By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I tend not to follow a lot of non-Nintendo news that closely, but I could see Bloodborne being in with a real shot. It probably won't be a mega-seller if it's anything like the Souls games, which have a reputation for being quite unforgiving. The gaming press love those games, though, and I'm expecting this one to do very well critically.

As far as Nintendo titles go - since that's more my forté - the two big contenders I see are Zelda and Xenoblade. Zelda's got more mass appeal but Xenoblade's another one I think could be particularly big with critics. The previous one managed a rather impressive metascore of 92 and the sequel, from what I've seen so far, looks just as promising.

So Bloodborne, Zelda, Xenoblade. Also The Witcher 3. They'd be the four games I most strongly recall getting a lot of positive buzz really early on. Maybe Uncharted? The series peaked critically with #2 but that's not to say they can't impress again, though I don't know if critics will want to hand out an award to Naughty Dog just two years after most of them gave awards to The Last of Us.

Around the Network

Don't know or care about goty awards, but 2015, sure looks like a awesome year. Lots of well loved franchises coming back with new installments and new ip that looks promising. * runs to living room and turns on one console with the futile hope of ever catching on to the backlog...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Lets be honest here, there's only one right answer to this question: Persona 5

Though I can see the media skipping it next year to bring it back at the end of the gen to award it the indisputed title of game of the generation, so don't be surprised if it doesn't show up at any of next years GOTY awards.

2015 GOTY will be Final Fantasy XV.

Fusioncode said:

I think it's never too early to make predictions, so based on what's been announced so far, what do you think will win the most GOTYs next year?

RIght now I see 5 major contenders:

Zelda U

Uncharted 4

Batman Arkham Knight

Bloodborne

Evolve

I think it's going to be a close 3 horse race between Batman, Zelda, and Uncharted. Bloodborne is an outside possibility because of its hardcore appeal. Evolve is probably the most anticipated new IP of next year but it could always end up like Destiny. If they shove an indie game in there I'm guessing it'll be No Man's Sky. 

I'd say throw in Witcher 3 there as well. It has just a big a shot at GOTY as Bloodborne

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

Although i am not a fan i think it is a mistake to not think HALO 5 will be a contender

MGSV, Uncharted, Batman, The Witcher 3, Zelda, Persona 5, Bloodborne, No Man's Sky

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Zelda U (possible)

Uncharted 4 (possible)

Batman Arkham Knight (possible)

Bloodborne (doubt it)

Evolve (nope)

If DooM comes out in 2015 it will win. But I highyly doubt it will release.

Uncharted 4.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54