By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game of the Year! Dragon Age? WTF!

Metallox said:

So do sexual themes affect your overall experience in Bayonetta 2? I truly understand, but in my case they aren't an issue. Most of the time I just pass from them or sometimes I think they are funny. 

It possibly can since the content could affect game quality ... 

These type of things do nothing to add to the experience of the game, in fact it can detract from the game ... 

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
Metallox said:

So do sexual themes affect your overall experience in Bayonetta 2? I truly understand, but in my case they aren't an issue. Most of the time I just pass from them or sometimes I think they are funny. 

It possibly can since the content could affect game quality ... 

These type of things do nothing to add to the experience of the game, in fact it can detract from the game ... 

I see, but it's more a matter of perspective, really. Maybe the reviewers just passed from sexual content just like me, or perhaps they actually enojyed it, in the sense that it's funny to see a woman who loves her sexuality. I'm not really being clear in that last part, but don't know how to say it :S

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

DolPhanTendo said:

This has been probably been beaten to death but the Game of the Year voting this year just shows the true HATE the gaming "media" has for Nintendo. Take out Mario Kart and Smash winning their respected catagories, out of little competition it had in those catagories, Nintendo was slapped in the face. Giving Developer of the Year of the year to Nintendo was also a way of saying "hey you guys make great product just stop making consoles".

Bayonetta 2 should of won game of the year period. Dragon Age Metacritic 89, Bayonetta 2 Metacritic 91.  How does B2 not get game of the year? Well I will tell you. It was a third party exclusive on Nintendo plain and simple. If this game was released on XB1 or PS4 hands down game of the year.

Most gaming journalists, for whatever their hard-on is with Nintendo, wants them to fail and just make games. The game awards was just another way of doing that. I never understood the gaming community its the only community where they want an ICONIC company to fail. I see it all the time here in forums and out in "professional articles". Here is the thing though, video games were made for and supposed to be for kids,not adults who have social issues.

I will finish with this note. I'm Glad NINTENDO doesn't bow to gamers who are in their 20's, im glad they make games my children can enjoy without blowing someone's head off, and I'm glad I get to see my kids grow up on Mario just like I did.

Ok I get that you think Bayo 2 deserved it but the rest of your points sound like biased drivel.

How can you say Bayo 2 is GOTY, a game rated MATURE, and then proceed to say video games were made and supposed for kids, and you're glad Nintendo doesnt' bow to adult gamers?  Hello?

My 8th gen collection

Was SSB not better than Bayoneta?

There's plenty of other games out there which are just as deserving to win GOTY which didn't, and yet I don't see any threads on them.

These awards shouldn't be seen as the be-all-end-all really, because if you do then you're bound to be disappointed. Should just play the game and enjoy it yourself. Is that not enough?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

You claim the gaming media is biased against Nintendo, and then use the high scores the gaming media gave a Nintendo exclusive as proof that it should have gotten GOTY? :p Surely you can see the double standard there.

Seriously, who gives a crap? If you're getting mad about who wins which award at the Game Awards then you really have too much time on your hands.

Buy all the games that get given GOTY and there will be no issues. :)

Hmm, pie.

DA is just a better game in my opinion.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Ali_16x said:
I knew there was going to be a topic about this VGChartz, just because Bayonetta 2 scored well and is a Wii U exclusive doesn't mean it deserves GOTY.

I agree. I would say it deserves game of the year because it was the best game to release during 2014 on any platform.

I love"Dragon Age: Inquisition". It's been in my PS4 almost full-time since it came out. Truthfully, though, "Bayonetta 2" beats it to a pulp by leaps and bounds. We're talking about video-games, here. The game that plays the best this year starts with a "Bayo" and ends with a "netta 2".

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7