By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Sony Pulls "The Interview" From All Theaters

Captain_Tom said:
I REALLY hate the theaters for doing something so idiotic. I mean seriously so now if I anonymously call in a bomb threat on the next Hunger Games movie we have to pull it?

Try it and find out.

Around the Network
fireburn95 said:
Terrorism wins again!

Congrats North Korea. You've outsmarted 'Murica and the principles they stand for.

And F you SONY, FBI, and Obama's administration for failing to impose freedom of information

Sony is a japanese company. 

I honestly don't now what I would have done in that situation. They could reshoot parts of the movie to be about another person or just a made up one I guess.

Good decision by sony, the american devision crews up and now the japanese company has to pay? Sony america needs to learn some manners you dont make movies like that who are direspecting other countries values. How would like america if a movie is featering the assinating obama as the progandistic goal?
Doesnt matter if nk was behind it or not this movies has to go

Based on their last film together, I don't think this is a loss. Anyone actually see 'This is the end?' entire thing turned into one big dick joke. American comedy at it's finest I see.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
Ruler said:
Good decision by sony, the american devision crews up and now the japanese company has to pay? Sony america needs to learn some manners you dont make movies like that who are direspecting other countries values. How would like america if a movie is featering the assinating obama as the progandistic goal?

Are you serious? This is a comedy and in comedy everything should be allowed. Nobody would call in bomb threats if a company made a comedy in which the protagonists are tasked with killing the US president.

If I was Sony, I'd just release the movie on youtube or something for free, write the loss off and gain some positive publicity that they didn't give in to terrorists. Their data is gone, there is no point trying to placate these terrorists because they'll just keep changing their demands to extort more and more out of Sony. Stick the middle finger up at them and release it for free, thats the thing that the terrorists want to stop.

DerNebel said:
Ruler said:

Are you serious? This is a comedy and in comedy everything should be allowed. Nobody would call in bomb threats if a company made a comedy in which the protagonists are tasked with killing the US president.

A lot of americans wouldnt be happy and would hack sony, i think

The Fury said:
Based on their last film together, I don't think this is a loss. Anyone actually see 'This is the end?' entire thing turned into one big dick joke. American comedy at it's finest I see.

I love that movie

Sony should just edit the movie to when anyone says "North" a badly dubbed voice over would say "South". And everytime they say "Kim Jong Un" the voice over should say "Schmim Schmong Schmun" and have a badly photoshopped picture of some guy in an uniform over the parts where Kim Jong Un is in. Just a big FU to censoring

The Fury said:

I can't remember the last time a Hollywood "comedy" made me laugh, but I think it was The Big Lebowski, circa 1998