By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I have a feeling looking at wii u sales in japan..

vivster said:
KLXVER said:
vivster said:
What can it do against the stellar PS4 lineup?

Well SE is the slowest developer ever, so FFXV and KH3 might not be out in years...

Which apparently isn't a problem for PS4 to still sell stuff. Currently sells on nothing but promises.

Not in Japan...

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Mystro-Sama said:
If Nintendo would just secure a MH as a Wii U exclusive all their problems would be gone over night.

No. It would help, but not in the long run. Most Japanese gamers prefer playing MH on handhelds.

If they have no choice but to play it on a console then they're going to buy it. That's how exclusives work.

Ka-pi96 said:
I doubt Nintendo will do anything. They seem to have given up on trying to get the Wii U hardware sales up.

Nah I actually believe nintendo will try to do something next holiday because having just zelda is going to make 2016 jap holiday terrible(unless they bundle mario maker and splatoon fr a great price(then it could do holiday 2013 numbers)

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Mystro-Sama said:
KLXVER said:
Mystro-Sama said:
If Nintendo would just secure a MH as a Wii U exclusive all their problems would be gone over night.

No. It would help, but not in the long run. Most Japanese gamers prefer playing MH on handhelds.

If they have no choice but to play it on a console then they're going to buy it. That's how exclusives work.

That will never happen. Neither Capcom or Nintendo even want that...

KLXVER said:
Mystro-Sama said:
KLXVER said:
Mystro-Sama said:

I'm just stating what would move consoles.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Mystro-Sama said:
KLXVER said:
Mystro-Sama said:

it could still do over 750k on wii u

biggest wii u launch if it happens

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

OfficerRaichu15 said:

I have a feeling nintendo is gonna do something about their current situation in japan where it is getting outsold by ps4 during the holidays.

Something tells me Nintendo will bring monster hunter back to wii u due to this(technically 3 u was a hit on it)

thoughts?

Not really. It has been outsold this week because GTAV just came out. 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Dusk said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

I have a feeling nintendo is gonna do something about their current situation in japan where it is getting outsold by ps4 during the holidays.

Something tells me Nintendo will bring monster hunter back to wii u due to this(technically 3 u was a hit on it)

thoughts?

Not really. It has been outsold this week because GTAV just came out. 

yousee how big that boost was though....

Bets:

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

OfficerRaichu15 said:
Ninsect said:
It's not up to Nintendo where MH goes though

actually they have a contract if I remember

so it could go to wii u plus it would do over 850k in japan most likely since the fanbase is on wii u

it did 300k with and install base less than 1 million it can double that 

Yes a contract that they signed long ago. They'd need to update it for a new MH game

The fanbase isn't on WiiU, it's on 3DS...

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

KLXVER said:
vivster said:
KLXVER said:
vivster said:
What can it do against the stellar PS4 lineup?

Well SE is the slowest developer ever, so FFXV and KH3 might not be out in years...

Which apparently isn't a problem for PS4 to still sell stuff. Currently sells on nothing but promises.

Not in Japan...

Actually only in Japan. Everywhere else it actually sells because of games and in a few months some of the biggest promises are fulfilled while it still has no big seller in Japan. Don't really think DQH will do too much for the PS4 there.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.