By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I have a feeling looking at wii u sales in japan..

I definitely want MH4 on Wii U rather than 3DS but Capcom probably feel like its a waste of money.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Around the Network

Nintendo can Money hat MH, Microsoft can Money hat MH

PS can money hat, sell a lot, and keep the franchise a live. I think Capcom will chose PS for more benefit.

The Wii U just needs any game (besides indies) from different developers. They need those cliche Japanese games ( animes games too )

Pocky Lover Boy! 

There's not much else they can do.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

zorg1000 said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
actually looking at it
if they do a monster hunter 5 for wii u
then it could go over 1 million(530k at retail with tons of downloads(came free with mario kart 8 in europe techinically)

Yes it's possible that MH5 could do 1 million on Wii U if its exclusive but a 1 million seller isn't going to shift a ton of units and Capcom would never go along with it because they would be missing out a ton of sales by not putting it on 3DS where the fanbase already is. Monster Hunter 4+4G is close to 6 million and could go over 7 million lifetime once we figure in western sales. Capcom is not willing to lose those type of sales by putting the next mainline entry on a console with a low install base. The only way Capcom would consider putting it on Wii U is if Nintendo pays them enough to cover the lost 5 million or so sales and Nintendo would be dumb to spend that much money on a game that won't change Wii U's fortunes.

ik make it multiplat and give wii u version more stuff and a bundle

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network
OfficerRaichu15 said:
zorg1000 said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
actually looking at it
if they do a monster hunter 5 for wii u
then it could go over 1 million(530k at retail with tons of downloads(came free with mario kart 8 in europe techinically)

Yes it's possible that MH5 could do 1 million on Wii U if its exclusive but a 1 million seller isn't going to shift a ton of units and Capcom would never go along with it because they would be missing out a ton of sales by not putting it on 3DS where the fanbase already is. Monster Hunter 4+4G is close to 6 million and could go over 7 million lifetime once we figure in western sales. Capcom is not willing to lose those type of sales by putting the next mainline entry on a console with a low install base. The only way Capcom would consider putting it on Wii U is if Nintendo pays them enough to cover the lost 5 million or so sales and Nintendo would be dumb to spend that much money on a game that won't change Wii U's fortunes.

ik make it multiplat and give wii u version more stuff and a bundle

OK but that completely changes the point of ur OP. U said Nintendo is planning something big to fix their situation in Japan. Releasing a multiplat title who's fanbase is on another device sometime in the second half of its life isn't really a big deal.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.