By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - [Staff] Game Wall Update and Other Shenanigans

Tagged games:

vivster said:
Conegamer said:
vivster said:
Does "anywhere" officially include PMs or just publicly visible parts of the site?

PM's fall under the same bracket but obivoulsy they're much more difficult to police and have more leeway. Moderation for PM's is very rare and is reserved for the most extreme cases only.

Any specific reason why there is so much leeway? Are they not as important?

It can't be provability because there are certain ways to ensure authenticity.

It's more because fewer people step forward to present PM's, really. So they're more difficult to police.

Also a good number of people probably wouldn't expect them to be included so hopefully that thread clarifies this.



 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Euphoria14 said:
I understand your point, but that example is terrible. I see nothing at all moderation worthy in it, unless someone saying the PS4 version tripled the XBO versions sales, or someone saying something along the lines of "People think resolution doesn't matter , yet look at these numbers" as a bad thing, which it shouldn't be seeing as this is in fact a sales site.

If you have a much better example, as you said in a follow up post then you would have done better to have placed it in the OP.

Just giving my 2 cents.

Like I said the example was supposed to be just a generic game wall. Not to show what has been moderated because that should be obvious, but just to show what a game wall is.

I guess, but now you just informed the bad guys of where else they can do naughty things!

Should have just said what you said without actually linking to a game wall. Now you're work load is going to only increase from here on out.



iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

    

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Conegamer said:
vivster said:

Any specific reason why there is so much leeway? Are they not as important?

It can't be provability because there are certain ways to ensure authenticity.

It's more because fewer people step forward to present PM's, really. So they're more difficult to police.

Also a good number of people probably wouldn't expect them to be included so hopefully that thread clarifies this.

That makes sense...

Reporting people on the forum is anonymous, if you're reporting someone for PMs then they're going to know exactly who it was that reported them...



Ka-pi96 said:
Conegamer said:
vivster said:

Any specific reason why there is so much leeway? Are they not as important?

It can't be provability because there are certain ways to ensure authenticity.

It's more because fewer people step forward to present PM's, really. So they're more difficult to police.

Also a good number of people probably wouldn't expect them to be included so hopefully that thread clarifies this.

That makes sense...

Reporting people on the forum is anonymous, if you're reporting someone for PMs then they're going to know exactly who it was that reported them...

is that really true? SO there is no way for the mods to know who is reporting who? 



Kerotan said:
Ka-pi96 said:

That makes sense...

Reporting people on the forum is anonymous, if you're reporting someone for PMs then they're going to know exactly who it was that reported them...

is that really true? SO there is no way for the mods to know who is reporting who? 

No the mods know who the reports come from. I mean the users that get banned have no idea who it was that reported them.



Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Kerotan said:

is that really true? SO there is no way for the mods to know who is reporting who? 

No the mods know who the reports come from. I mean the users that get banned have no idea who it was that reported them.

yeah i get you now. so if you report an offensive PM the person who sent it will know you reported it. My opinion on that though is tough shit. If you send an abbusive PM you can hardly complain. 



Ka-pi96 said:
Conegamer said:
vivster said:

Any specific reason why there is so much leeway? Are they not as important?

It can't be provability because there are certain ways to ensure authenticity.

It's more because fewer people step forward to present PM's, really. So they're more difficult to police.

Also a good number of people probably wouldn't expect them to be included so hopefully that thread clarifies this.

That makes sense...

Reporting people on the forum is anonymous, if you're reporting someone for PMs then they're going to know exactly who it was that reported them...

When it comes to PMs I don't see a problem letting my obvious enemies know who did them in. Should be a nice deterrent for future.

Actually I think it would be a great idea to make reports publically or at least let the banned know who reported. That way you can stay clear from those people and know what offends certain people. Would also probably reduce the amount of petty reports.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Ka-pi96 said:

That makes sense...

Reporting people on the forum is anonymous, if you're reporting someone for PMs then they're going to know exactly who it was that reported them...

When it comes to PMs I don't see a problem letting my obvious enemies know who did them in. Should be a nice deterrent for future.

Actually I think it would be a great idea to make reports publically or at least let the banned know who reported. That way you can stay clear from those people and know what offends certain people. Would also probably reduce the amount of petty reports.

That wouldn't just reduce the amount of petty reports, that would reduce all reports!



Conegamer said:
vivster said:
Conegamer said:

PM's fall under the same bracket but obivoulsy they're much more difficult to police and have more leeway. Moderation for PM's is very rare and is reserved for the most extreme cases only.

Any specific reason why there is so much leeway? Are they not as important?

It can't be provability because there are certain ways to ensure authenticity.

It's more because fewer people step forward to present PM's, really. So they're more difficult to police.

Also a good number of people probably wouldn't expect them to be included so hopefully that thread clarifies this.

Like you guys can't read PMs.



Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Ka-pi96 said:
vivster said:
Ka-pi96 said:

That makes sense...

Reporting people on the forum is anonymous, if you're reporting someone for PMs then they're going to know exactly who it was that reported them...

When it comes to PMs I don't see a problem letting my obvious enemies know who did them in. Should be a nice deterrent for future.

Actually I think it would be a great idea to make reports publically or at least let the banned know who reported. That way you can stay clear from those people and know what offends certain people. Would also probably reduce the amount of petty reports.

That wouldn't just reduce the amount of petty reports, that would reduce all reports!

And wouldn't that be a charm ;)

But in all seriousness, what's the harm in telling your enemy who reported him. What's he gonna do? Type you to death?



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.