By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - [Staff] Game Wall Update and Other Shenanigans

Tagged games:

vivster said:
Ka-pi96 said:

That wouldn't just reduce the amount of petty reports, that would reduce all reports!

And wouldn't that be a charm ;)

But in all seriousness, what's the harm in telling your enemy who reported him. What's he gonna do? Type you to death?

You shouldn't have enemies.  This is a site built on civil discourse and mutual respect, if you are viewing other users as enemies, you are doing it wrong!

Around the Network
gergroy said:
outlawauron said:
What was wroth a moderation on that page? I was expecting something juicy cone.

There are better examples, but the point is that there is a lot of trolling/flaming/baiting happening on some game walls and it needs to stop.  There is no report button on game walls, so if users see any of that going on they should pm a mod!

After a year of seeing you constantly in these threads, I wonder why you were skipped for a mod position. Obviously you are very interested, and more than qualified. Did they say why they skipped you for some who are not as active as you?

Thanks Coneyg for this! I was personally having trouble sleeping at night due to what some random 14-30year olds were saying on various game walls. The trolling has to stop and I applaud all ya'll's efforts!

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

gergroy said:
vivster said:
Ka-pi96 said:

That wouldn't just reduce the amount of petty reports, that would reduce all reports!

But in all seriousness, what's the harm in telling your enemy who reported him. What's he gonna do? Type you to death?

You shouldn't have enemies.  This is a site built on civil discourse and mutual respect, if you are viewing other users as enemies, you are doing it wrong!

Well I have been banned unnecessarily quite a few times, probably due to unnecessary reports from people that just wanted to see me banned. I don't necessarily see people who want to remove me from the community as my friends.

Do you have a better term for people that want to do me harm?

I hope you're not suggesting that all people in this community have only the best interest for their fellow members in mind.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

spurgeonryan said:
gergroy said:

There are better examples, but the point is that there is a lot of trolling/flaming/baiting happening on some game walls and it needs to stop.  There is no report button on game walls, so if users see any of that going on they should pm a mod!

After a year of seeing you constantly in these threads, I wonder why you were skipped for a mod position. Obviously you are very interested, and more than qualified. Did they say why they skipped you for some who are not as active as you?

Thanks Coneyg for this! I was personally having trouble sleeping at night due to what some random 14-30year olds were saying on various game walls. The trolling has to stop and I applaud all ya'll's efforts!

Eh, my availability is my issue.  I don't have that much time to be on here.  I certainly think they made a good decision not making me a mod, I even told them to prioritize activity.  I am fine putting in my two cents every now and then.

gergroy said:
vivster said:

Wrong. This is a war site. People in this world do not take part in things to get along and be nice. There is a reason you hardly ever see good news on the news. Drama gets views, ratings, money!

Ka'ching!

ioi updates gamewise regularly because it makes money. This site has become a wet noodle. How many updates have you seen in years since he more or less abandoned us?

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Around the Network
gergroy said:

Eh, my availability is my issue.  I don't have that much time to be on here.  I certainly think they made a good decision not making me a mod, I even told them to prioritize activity.  I am fine putting in my two cents every now and then.

You are here much more than others, even current older mods. Seems like the actual reason is they are wearyof people who....rock the boat. Have you made any enemies over the past year?

vivster said:
gergroy said:

Well I have been banned unnecessarily quite a few times, probably due to unnecessary reports from people that just wanted to see me banned. I don't necessarily see people who want to remove me from the community as my friends.

I hope you're not suggesting that all people in this community have only the best interest for their fellow members in mind.

I am not suggesting everybody on this site likes everybody else.  What I am suggesting is that if you stop viewing others as enemies and treat them with respect you won't have any "enemies" on here.  

I know I don't view anybody on this site as an enemy, and I doubt there is anybody on her who thinks I am an enemy...

spurgeonryan said:
gergroy said:

You are here much more than others, even current older mods. Seems like the actual reason is they are wearyof people who....rock the boat. Have you made any enemies over the past year?

No, it is an issue of availability and activity as far as I know.  If it is something else they didn't tell me, you will have to ask the mods...

Do some of you not think the whole bigging up someone for MOD puts the mods off making him one? They might not want their thunder stolen by someone liked so much or maybe they fear he could be biased towards those who bigged him up to be mod.

Or maybe as he said he's just not available enough...

gergroy said:
vivster said:
gergroy said:

I am not suggesting everybody on this site likes everybody else.  What I am suggesting is that if you stop viewing others as enemies and treat them with respect you won't have any "enemies" on here.  

I know I don't view anybody on this site as an enemy, and I doubt there is anybody on her who thinks I am an enemie...

I guess then you have the moral highground. I won't give my respect to anyone who hasn't earned it(or has authority over me). Of course everyone gets a fair chance at first but I usually see pretty fast who to avoid, who to trust and who to loathe.
Why should I treat people with respect who shit on me?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.