By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - [Staff] Game Wall Update and Other Shenanigans

Tagged games:

spurgeonryan said:
gergroy said:

Eh, my availability is my issue.  I don't have that much time to be on here.  I certainly think they made a good decision not making me a mod, I even told them to prioritize activity.  I am fine putting in my two cents every now and then.

You are here much more than others, even current older mods. Seems like the actual reason is they are wearyof people who....rock the boat. Have you made any enemies over the past year?

No, it is an issue of availability and activity as far as I know.  If it is something else they didn't tell me, you will have to ask the mods...

Around the Network

Do some of you not think the whole bigging up someone for MOD puts the mods off making him one? They might not want their thunder stolen by someone liked so much or maybe they fear he could be biased towards those who bigged him up to be mod.

Or maybe as he said he's just not available enough...

gergroy said:
vivster said:
gergroy said:

You shouldn't have enemies.  This is a site built on civil discourse and mutual respect, if you are viewing other users as enemies, you are doing it wrong!

Well I have been banned unnecessarily quite a few times, probably due to unnecessary reports from people that just wanted to see me banned. I don't necessarily see people who want to remove me from the community as my friends.

Do you have a better term for people that want to do me harm?

I hope you're not suggesting that all people in this community have only the best interest for their fellow members in mind.

I am not suggesting everybody on this site likes everybody else.  What I am suggesting is that if you stop viewing others as enemies and treat them with respect you won't have any "enemies" on here.  

I know I don't view anybody on this site as an enemy, and I doubt there is anybody on her who thinks I am an enemie...

I guess then you have the moral highground. I won't give my respect to anyone who hasn't earned it(or has authority over me). Of course everyone gets a fair chance at first but I usually see pretty fast who to avoid, who to trust and who to loathe.
Why should I treat people with respect who shit on me?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
gergroy said:

I am not suggesting everybody on this site likes everybody else.  What I am suggesting is that if you stop viewing others as enemies and treat them with respect you won't have any "enemies" on here.  

I know I don't view anybody on this site as an enemy, and I doubt there is anybody on her who thinks I am an enemie...

I guess then you have the moral highground. I won't give my respect to anyone who hasn't earned it(or has authority over me). Of course everyone gets a fair chance at first but I usually see pretty fast who to avoid, who to trust and who to loathe.
Why should I treat people with respect who shit on me?

Well, honestly, if you treated others well, even in disagreement, then they probably wouldn't crap on you.  People have a hard time being a jerk to somebody who is being nice and civil.  I think you will have a much more enjoyable experience on this site and in life if you think positively about the people you interact with.

just some food for thought, I suppose.  Feel free to act as you will (within the confines of the rules of course).  I just think you would enjoy your time here more if you didn't have "enemies".

gergroy said:

Well, honestly, if you treated others well, even in disagreement, then they probably wouldn't crap on you.  People have a hard time being a jerk to somebody who is being nice and civil.  I think you will have a much more enjoyable experience on this site and in life if you think positively about the people you interact with.

just some food for thought, I suppose.  Feel free to act as you will (within the confines of the rules of course).  I just think you would enjoy your time here more if you didn't have "enemies".

Can't really be nice to people who I know are not on my wave length and would rather see me gone. If you put on a mask of niceness others will as well and what you have in the end is a mess of people who talk nice but brood inside. That's not healthy.

I think keeping up a nice mask for people I loathe is far more damaging to my brain than any verbal abuse can be. Also I don't gain anything from having people be nice to me that I have no connection with whatsoever. People I like and want to connect with I'm nice to by default but what do I gain from playing nice to people I will never have any connection to anyway?

In fact I would prefer for people who I don't like to be mean to me. That way I gain reason and leverage against them.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
gergroy said:

Can't really be nice to people who I know are not on my wave length and would rather see me gone. If you put on a mask of niceness others will as well and what you have in the end is a mess of people who talk nice but brood inside. That's not healthy.

I think keeping up a nice mask for people I loathe is far more damaging to my brain than any verbal abuse can be. Also I don't gain anything from having people be nice to me that I have no connection with whatsoever. People I like and want to connect with I'm nice to by default but what do I gain from playing nice to people I will never have any connection to anyway?

Well, people change or they are different people when you get to know them better.  I know I didn't much care for Carl when I first started on here, but now he is one of my favorite users.  

gergroy said:

Well, people change or they are different people when you get to know them better.  I know I didn't much care for Carl when I first started on here, but now he is one of my favorite users.  

You could say I have a very big grey area. So it is absolutely possible for people to gain favor after longer periods of time. Not though for people with instant deal breakers. Life is too short and there are waaay too many people on earth to wait for horrible people to change for the better.

gergroy was not made mod because of a lack of avaliability on the site. After events which happened previously that was a major concern.

That is all that shall be said on the matter, because nothing else needs to be said.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
gergroy was not made mod because of a lack of avaliability on the site. After events which happened previously that was a major concern.

That is all that shall be said on the matter, because nothing else needs to be said.

Thanks conegamer!  That settles that!